• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Spent most of the day thinking about a pistol I have. I like the pistol but wish I would of opted for the optics cut. It’s probably one of the best striker fired pistols I’ve ever owned and while I am listing it for sale I wonder….. is it possible that the factory would do the optic cut and buy the adapters etc? It’s a Walther pistol.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Spent most of the day thinking about a pistol I have. I like the pistol but wish I would of opted for the optics cut. It’s probably one of the best striker fired pistols I’ve ever owned and while I am listing it for sale I wonder….. is it possible that the factory would do the optic cut and buy the adapters etc? It’s a Walther pistol.
    Contact @AllenM, he may be able to cut your slide.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    AllenM has done 2 optic cuts and the work was done to perfection. I prefer having a slide cut as opposed to the multi-cut style manufacturers user with adapter plates. The dedicated cut can sit lower then and adapter plate system can.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    As far as striker fired pistols go I like this one alot…. Much better ergos etc that’s my other two striker fired polymer wonders : ))
    I had PPS M2 for a while. I liked The ergonomics but it had fairly low capacity and was pretty snappy. I sold it to partially fund my CZ PCR

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I purchased a 5” PDP…. Very well made. Great grip…. The slide to chunky for my liking. The Q4 is much more svelt and the steel construction deters any snappiness …. The barrels ends floats like on a small wave.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ypkEvPU.jpg

I have been eyeing that Q4 and saying to myself "I wish it had an optics cut" honestly I think it has a better system than the PDP but that's just me. Still need to snag a set of the low profile plates with the BUIS however. Still rocking the fat aluminum Walther plate currently.

Edit , looks like CHPWS might do it. I would call and make sure they will do a SF gun. Kinda spendy but it's a factory partnership. Might be worth the coin in your case, I thought the sights on the non optics ready Q4 were abysmal myself. Even the adjustable sights on the optics ready model are better

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I purchased a 5” PDP…. Very well made. Great grip…. The slide to chunky for my liking. The Q4 is much more svelt and the steel construction deters any snappiness …. The barrels ends floats like on a small wave.
    I'm torn between the Walther PDP and the Bul Armory Axe Cleaver. Both are made by good companies both look great and feel good also. Both are about the same price as well. I'd buy both but a little short on funds right now like the rest of us.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder if guns with the factory MOS systems don't resell and return better on your investment?

No knock on custom slide work, but it takes time and money. Money that I'm not likey to want to pay when you want to part with your gun.

For Glocks anyway, MOS system guns seem to resell in the secondary market for not much more than plain slide versions.

Another consideration is quick replacement. Heaven forbid you have to use your gun for self-defense. If you do, slim chance the gun is going back home with you.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder if guns with the factory MOS systems don't resell and return better on your investment?

No knock on custom slide work, but it takes time and money. Money that I'm not likey to want to pay when you want to part with your gun.

For Glocks anyway, MOS system guns seem to resell in the secondary market for not much more than plain slide versions.

Another consideration is quick replacement. Heaven forbid you have to use your gun for self-defense. If you do, slim chance the gun is going back home with you.

Personally I have never considered resale market value on most anything I have purchased especially a firearm. If I like/want then it comes home with me or I build one to suit my needs. Resell is just another weight attached to something and I just don’t let that effect my desires.
    That said many folks (like yourself) do have this to consider. No knock.

If I did let this enter the equation then I would never have built all the HotRod cars bikes guns and boats over the years.
    Man that would have sucked :):

Top Bottom