• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Putting this thread back on track, Look into EGW rear sight inserts. It's a plate that fits into the rear sight mount. They make them for all kinds of pistols. That way, you wouldn't need to mill the slide, and if you decide you don't like it, just pop the original sight back in. No permanent gun work done.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That fried chicken looked delicious , I emailed CHPWS and asked if they will mill a Q4 SF. Personally I agree with OP Walther makes the best striker fired gun out there IMHO. Will post CHPWS response when I get it probably on Monday.

wgCNs49h.jpg

M6tDtL2h.jpg

Not quite 1911 clean but very very nice , the trigger is basically a weightless easy take up followed by a very crisp 2.5 pound wall and break.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Well I appreciate the good info…. Save the fried chicken legs for me please!!! Thanks to all of you. And Mr Churchmouse…. You are more than welcome to pull the trigger on this Walther Sir.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Personally I have never considered resale market value on most anything I have purchased especially a firearm. If I like/want then it comes home with me or I build one to suit my needs. Resell is just another weight attached to something and I just don’t let that effect my desires.

That was my thinking for a lot of years, until I realized that all of my "lifetime" guns weren't. Whether it be changing platforms, the next greatest thing, new generations/models or just needing cash, I have found that parting ways with the non-users just happens.

Another thought is the direction of self defense pistols and the training associated. It makes sense to stay current. While I don't carry a weapon lighted pistol much of the time, I couldn't imagine not having that capability and training to how to effectively do it. We are still at the early stages of RDS on SD pistols, but...

The fact that we are talking about optic cuts on pistols is the prime example of why I think resale is always a consideration in the modern day. My thinking going forward is that there will be no more pistols for me without a factory optic cut. You can always not put an optic on, but the versatility remains for you to add it if you choose later. If you decide to go another direction on your SD pistol, the likelihood of it selling goes up with that same versatility.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That was my thinking for a lot of years, until I realized that all of my "lifetime" guns weren't. Whether it be changing platforms, the next greatest thing, new generations/models or just needing cash, I have found that parting ways with the non-users just happens.

Another thought is the direction of self defense pistols and the training associated. It makes sense to stay current. While I don't carry a weapon lighted pistol much of the time, I couldn't imagine not having that capability and training to how to effectively do it. We are still at the early stages of RDS on SD pistols, but...

The fact that we are talking about optic cuts on pistols is the prime example of why I think resale is always a consideration in the modern day. My thinking going forward is that there will be no more pistols for me without a factory optic cut. You can always not put an optic on, but the versatility remains for you to add it if you choose later. If you decide to go another direction on your SD pistol, the likelihood of it selling goes up with that same versatility.

There is truth/merit in what you say. I agree to the point that my way of looking at a firearm is not the same. Close just different. I have a vague memory of the factory stock guns I used to own. I have one in the safe right now that I just got back from a friend that owed me some money and he passed it back to me. Probably one of the last ones I did not modify.
    My tinkering was the difference.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There is truth/merit in what you say. I agree to the point that my way of looking at a firearm is not the same. Close just different. I have a vague memory of the factory stock guns I used to own. I have one in the safe right now that I just got back from a friend that owed me some money and he passed it back to me. Probably one of the last ones I did not modify.
    My tinkering was the difference.

Oh, I understand, my friend. We are talking plastic vs steel in a lot of cases and guns valued two-three times as much. That's even before you work your magic on them. :)

Top Bottom