Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Applied: 9/19/15
    Finger Prints: 9/21/15
    Local Fee Paid 9/21/15

UPDATE
    Pending ISP approval 10/9. Not bad compared to what others had to endure. Will update when I have it in the mail. Hopefully early next week.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Mine expired, had to renew it. Went with Lifetime this time

Applied: 9/17/15
    Electronic fingerprints: 9/18/15
    Local Fee: 9/21/15

Pending ISP approval since 9/22/15

I heard doing electronic fingerprints cuts the wait down to less than 2 weeks. That is not the case, I'm sitting at 3 1/2 weeks since ISP got it.
    *For the record, I have an absolute clean record, not even a traffic ticket. I even held a Compartmentalized Top Secret Govt clearance. :dunno:

DemGuns69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Indy
    Applied and Paid Online 9/8
    Electronically Fingerprinted 9/10
    Local Background Check 9/11
    Paid Local fee 9/18
    "Pending Local Approval" as of 10/18

I'm glad I looked here to see what others have been experiencing. My local police chief is the one that processed my paperwork and he told me it's been taking about 2-3 weeks lately. Well, today marks one month exactly, and the website says I'm still "Pending Local Approval." So the police chief is going to get a phone call from me tomorrow! Looks like he dropped the ball. I understand waiting at the state level, but I live in a very small suburb of Indy that was just voted 3rd safest city in the state. Therefore I KNOW they're not busy, and I shouldn't have to wait on them. Not too happy right now, but good to see many of you are not having to deal with this.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Local Fee Paid 9/21/15

UPDATE
    Pending ISP approval 10/9

UPDATE
    APPROVED 10-19-15.

A month on the nose. Wish this process would be quicker. Good luck to everyone who is currently getting theirs.

Matt3638

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Scottsburg
    Local Fee Paid 9/21/15

UPDATE
    Pending ISP approval 10/9

UPDATE
    APPROVED 10-19-15.

A month on the nose. Wish this process would be quicker. Good luck to everyone who is currently getting theirs.

Nice. Hopefully I am a next in line since my app is next in line

Matt3638

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Scottsburg
    Good luck with that, my time frame was same as theirs. Today marks 1 month it's been sitting on ISP's end. Emailed them Monday to verify everything is good, response was "your application is processing".

This his process is bull****. Pay 130 dollar extortion fee to protect yourself legally and you will get your license "whenever they get around to it" how cone yours was not approved but last guys was? You submitted first ?

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    This his process is bull****. Pay 130 dollar extortion fee to protect yourself legally and you will get your license "whenever they get around to it" how cone yours was not approved but last guys was? You submitted first ?

I wish i had an answer for you, but sadly i don't. But it seems as if he is located in Indy, i'm located in Anderson so location could play a factor oddly enough. I definitely agree that it is bullcrap and in my opinion it shouldn't take more than a week or two to have it approved by local and ISP then sent to you.

Matt3638

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Scottsburg
    I wish i had an answer for you, but sadly i don't. But it seems as if he is located in Indy, i'm located in Anderson so location could play a factor oddly enough. I definitely agree that it is bullcrap and in my opinion it shouldn't take more than a week or two to have it approved by local and ISP then sent to you.

I dont don't know but I sure feel bad for the guys who had to wait 6+ months to get theirs

Rflix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Downtown
    9/18 ISP application
    9/22 fingerprints / local app payment
    9/30 local approval
    10/7 ISP approval
    10/12 received

Not too bad of a wait, could've been quicker but I supposedly filed as the local police chief went on vacation so that added an extra week.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    This is a childish view in my opinion. It could be much worse. You could live in a state that doesnt even issue permits. You could be in a state like FL, where you have to sit in a class, take a firearms proficiency test, and then wait 3-6 weeks on top of that. Yes it sucks you're having to wait a little bit, but come on man, you've only waited 15 days.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    .....This is a childish view in my opinion. It could be much worse. You could live in a state that doesnt even issue permits. You could be in a state like FL, where you have to sit in a class, take a firearms proficiency test, and then wait 3-6 weeks on top of that. Yes it sucks you're having to wait a little bit, but come on man, you've only waited 15 days.

(Abridged quote just in case you decide to edit that.) I believe he is referring to the "processing" response I was given when I inquired about my license. I must admit, I'm wondering why exactly they would not be done in a first in, first out order. Maybe I got the reviewer who watches cat videos on youtube through his whole shift. :dunno:

Matt3638

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Scottsburg
    (Abridged quote just in case you decide to edit that.) I believe he is referring to the "processing" response I was given when I inquired about my license. I must admit, I'm wondering why exactly they would not be done in a first in, first out order. Maybe I got the reviewer who watches cat videos on youtube through his whole shift. :dunno:

That was what I was referring too. I have often wondered if it is a first in first out process too. I don't know but I also have a clean record. I seen some guys were approved in a week

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    That was what I was referring too. I have often wondered if it is a first in first out process too. I don't know but I also have a clean record. I seen some guys were approved in a week

Well then I must apologize for my rather rash judgment. I assume its because some background checks take longer then others. So sometimes first in first done doesnt always work.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Mine expired, had to renew it. Went with Lifetime this time

Applied: 9/17/15
    Electronic fingerprints: 9/18/15
    Local Fee: 9/21/15

Pending ISP approval since 9/22/15

I heard doing electronic fingerprints cuts the wait down to less than 2 weeks. That is not the case, I'm sitting at 3 1/2 weeks since ISP got it.
    *For the record, I have an absolute clean record, not even a traffic ticket. I even held a Compartmentalized Top Secret Govt clearance. :dunno:

10/28/2015 Approved

mgross28

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Richmond
    Applied for a duplicate on 10/5 and still says duplicate in progress. How long do you think I should wait until I contact them to see what the hold up is?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom