• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Purdue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Hey everyone I just joined the community and had a quick question. I submitted my application for a LTCH, got fingerprinted, and paid my local fee in Fort Wayne all on this past Monday, February 8. My status updated to "Pending ISP approval" yesterday (Tuesday). Does the number of times per day and/or the time of day that I login to check the status of my application have any affect (negative or positive) on my application, how it is processed, and/or how quickly it is processed? I know that it may seem like a ridiculous question, but I have already found the urge to login every few hours to check the status and I want to be sure that I am not negatively affecting my application in so doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Hey everyone I just joined the community and had a quick question. I submitted my application for a LTCH, got fingerprinted, and paid my local fee in Fort Wayne all on this past Monday, February 8. My status updated to "Pending ISP approval" yesterday (Tuesday). Does the number of times per day and/or the time of day that I login to check the status of my application have any affect (negative or positive) on my application, how it is processed, and/or how quickly it is processed? I know that it may seem like a ridiculous question, but I have already found the urge to login every few hours to check the status and I want to be sure that I am not negatively affecting my application in so doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There's a going theory that every time you login, your application goes to the bottom of the stack. It doesn't really work that way, but it certainly seem to. If you don't have any kind of record (including arrests without convictions), seriously give it 3-4 weeks to switch over to "Approved". Any longer than that, follow my advice here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e/6875-current-ltch-wait-981.html#post6346287

Welcome to INGO!

Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    So, I got a little impatient with mine today, since my wife's was approved last week, and I wanted to test a theory.... So, I sent an e-mail to FirearmsQuestions@isp.in.gov and just briefly asked what the status was and provided all of the pertinent information (App number, DL#, Name, DOB). Within 30 seconds, I received an automated e-mail explaining the process. Exactly 14 minutes later, I received a very pleasant e-mail from a gentleman who explained what caused the delay and told me he reviewed and approved it, and sure enough, it was approved on the website.

I would recommend this to anyone - if you get close to the 30 day mark (from the time you paid your local fee - mine was 1/4), then it doesn't hurt to send these guys an e-mail. Who knows how long I would be waiting if I wouldn't have initiated it. There wasn't anything wrong with mine and since they have to look it up to respond to the e-mail anyway, they just went ahead and approved it instead of putting it back in the pile with the rest of them.

I wasn't in a hurry for mine, but just wanted to test a theory that I had, and it worked beautifully! I wanted to share the information for anyone out there who may be getting a little impatient with the process.

First time posting here, but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to thank you for making this post. I'd been waiting since 12/21/15 for my application to get approved, and finally decided to send the email last night as you suggested, and first thing this morning they replied saying I had been approved! Wish I had done it sooner.
    THANK YOU!!
    12/12 - Online Application
    12/18 - Electronic Fingerprints at ISP HQ
    12/21 - Local Fee Paid
    2/10 - Approved by ISP

BimM3rPwr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm really starting to think everyone who tried to scare me into thinking this would be a 5 month endeavor really just had a a simple hang-up that one email could've resolved, haha!

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    First time posting here, but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to thank you for making this post. I'd been waiting since 12/21/15 for my application to get approved, and finally decided to send the email last night as you suggested, and first thing this morning they replied saying I had been approved! Wish I had done it sooner.
    THANK YOU!!
    12/12 - Online Application
    12/18 - Electronic Fingerprints at ISP HQ
    12/21 - Local Fee Paid
    2/10 - Approved by ISP

You're very welcome!

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I'm really starting to think everyone who tried to scare me into thinking this would be a 5 month endeavor really just had a a simple hang-up that one email could've resolved, haha!

:+1: THIS!

Although, I remember my first permit just over 18 years ago... it took at least 4 months to arrive. I applied in February and received it sometime in the summer.

Purdue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    There's a going theory that every time you login, your application goes to the bottom of the stack. It doesn't really work that way, but it certainly seem to. If you don't have any kind of record (including arrests without convictions), seriously give it 3-4 weeks to switch over to "Approved". Any longer than that, follow my advice here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e/6875-current-ltch-wait-981.html#post6346287

Welcome to INGO!

Thank you for your advice, hdrenollet! I have a clean record with no priors and no arrests, so I don't foresee there being any issues with my application.

Do you believe that it would be advisable to send an email to ISP after 1-2 weeks instead of waiting 4+ weeks after I submitted my local fee? I'm honestly in no rush to be approved and receive my LTCH, I'm just an inpatient person who really does not enjoy waiting. Based upon your previous post and Raistlin's post, I'm wondering if sending an email after only 1-2 weeks would render the same results? ISP would have to pull my application to check the status and instead of throwing it back in the pile of pending applications, perhaps it would just be easier for them to approve it?

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Thank you for your advice, hdrenollet! I have a clean record with no priors and no arrests, so I don't foresee there being any issues with my application.

Do you believe that it would be advisable to send an email to ISP after 1-2 weeks instead of waiting 4+ weeks after I submitted my local fee? I'm honestly in no rush to be approved and receive my LTCH, I'm just an inpatient person who really does not enjoy waiting. Based upon your previous post and Raistlin's post, I'm wondering if sending an email after only 1-2 weeks would render the same results? ISP would have to pull my application to check the status and instead of throwing it back in the pile of pending applications, perhaps it would just be easier for them to approve it?

I would give it 3 weeks. The fastest issuance that I've personally seen has been right at the 3 week mark. You don't want to seem too eager (IMO), I think 3 weeks is the perfect amount of time to wait before e-mailing, which if they're able to approve it when you e-mail, then you'll have your license in-hand right at the 30 day mark, which is pretty darn good!

Ultrabozz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Lawrenceburg
    My first permit I applied for was 21 yrs ago and it took 5 1/2 months and back then we had no where near the number of people applying for permits as there are today. They are doing a pretty good job so just sit back and relax. It is what it is!

Purdue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I would give it 3 weeks. The fastest issuance that I've personally seen has been right at the 3 week mark. You don't want to seem too eager (IMO), I think 3 weeks is the perfect amount of time to wait before e-mailing, which if they're able to approve it when you e-mail, then you'll have your license in-hand right at the 30 day mark, which is pretty darn good!

You're absolutely right. I certainly do not want seem too eager and if I'm fortunate enough to have my license in-hand around the 30 day mark that would be an excellent turnaround time on their part. Thanks, again, for your advice and insight. I truly appreciate your time.

Purdue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    My first permit I applied for was 21 yrs ago and it took 5 1/2 months and back then we had no where near the number of people applying for permits as there are today. They are doing a pretty good job so just sit back and relax. It is what it is!

You're right. I need to learn to relax and be more patient, especially with something like this. I should also be grateful that it no longer takes nearly half a year to get a LTCH. Thank you.

BEAUBEAU

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Carmel
    I'm from Carmel

December 31, 2015: Applied online
    January 5: Local Fees paid
    January 14: Fingerprints
    Feb 13: Approved!

Now waiting for the Card

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    My wife just got hers - 3 weeks from paying local fee to approval and another 5 days to get the license in the mail.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    The last time I had a 4yr permit it took me about 3wks to get. They've had everything done at local since Jan 4. I don't know why mine is taking so long time time but it's getting frustrating

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom