• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Since this is a CZ school thread...
    Just so everyone is aware, the ad in the link above is for a CZ P07 "Duty". Discounting the picture in the ad on Bud's (their own disclaimer says may not be accurate) the ad description says Duty. The Duty model is like a version 1 of the P07. There now is a version 2 out, which will just be called the P07 with the Duty label dropped.

Here are the changes for the newest version:
    Interchangeable backstraps
    Updated trigger shape
    New hammer
    Front cocking serrations
    Dehorned

The easiest way to tell the difference is the newer version has front cocking serrations on the slide.

Good catch, TopDog.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's a good deal on a Duty. They also seem to come up on gun forums, classifieds, etc. at very good used prices. They may not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer model but that is a lot of gun for that money.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I just realized that and edited my post, you caught me right before :)

Still not sure if I want the 07 or 09...

Get the P09, nineteen rounds in the mag. Bigger mag more rounds. Regardless of what your ex wife told you size does matter :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've heard good things about the P09. I have a Phantom so I don't see the need for one. I have had a couple of P07s, old and new, haven't really warmed up to them. I am mostly a steel or alloy guy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've heard good things about the P09. I have a Phantom so I don't see the need for one. I have had a couple of P07s, old and new, haven't really warmed up to them. I am mostly a steel or alloy guy.

Having recently converted to a 1911 guy, I can certainly understand that. I haven't enjoyed shooting any of my poly guns since I started shooting 1911's, but shooting TopDog's P-09 was very enjoyable. I'll eventually end up with a old style 75B and a newer P-09, just not sure which I'll buy first...lol!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you aren't too hung up on appearances you can find some good deals on milsurp 75Bs on Gunbroker. They come from Israel and most have been shot a lot. I need to get a 75 of some kind and keep it stock. I have a lot of folks want to shoot my CZs but shooting mine is not a good representation of what they will get when they buy their own.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you aren't too hung up on appearances you can find some good deals on milsurp 75Bs on Gunbroker. They come from Israel and most have been shot a lot. I need to get a 75 of some kind and keep it stock. I have a lot of folks want to shoot my CZs but shooting mine is not a good representation of what they will get when they buy their own.

That's a really good idea and a very nice thing for you to do. Being able to shoot a stock one to see what it is like, followed by shooting the same model with some lovin applied sounds like it would be awesome. I know I'd enjoy that and I'm sure anyone interested in CZ's would feel the same.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A local shop up here has a nice new 75BD. They want $600 OTD. Not sure I want to invest that much in a gun that I will rarely shoot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    BA, I know I shot several of yours and I shot a couple of my nephews. They kind of run together. Well, I am seriously thinking about selling my M&P to get another "high capacity" 9mm. I'm going to the gun show tomorrow(I really can't believe I am:() to touch and feel some different options though the CZ is my number one interest at this point with a Sig coming in second or maybe a 2011 style pistol.

Not for carry, only for range use. I am not sure I want to put the money into the M&P to get the trigger better when at the end of the day it's still a striker fired pistol and will still have that "squirt gun" feel to it.

I think I want one of the 75/SP01 models but not sure which one I should look at. What are your thoughts on decockers? Does CZ make a SA only? Will I really have about $1200 into one by the time I get the CGW treatment done? This would become my USPSA/multi-gun pistol if I ever decide to shoot such a competition. :)

These police trade in's or whatever they are, have you seen any? If the finish is worn but not pitted, that's okay. But I would want a nice barrel still.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA, I know I shot several of yours and I shot a couple of my nephews. They kind of run together. Well, I am seriously thinking about selling my M&P to get another "high capacity" 9mm. I'm going to the gun show tomorrow(I really can't believe I am:() to touch and feel some different options though the CZ is my number one interest at this point with a Sig coming in second or maybe a 2011 style pistol.

Not for carry, only for range use. I am very good at talking myself out of buying anything since right now I don't own a home and am saving for that purchase. But I am not sure I want to put the money into the M&P to get the trigger better when at the end of the day it's still a striker fired pistol and will still have that "squirt gun" feel to it.

I think I want one of the 75/SP01 models but not sure which one I should look at. What are your thoughts on decockers? Does CZ make a SA only? Will I really have about $1200 into one by the time I get the CGW treatment done?

These police trade in's or whatever they are, have you seen any? If the finish is worn but not pitted, that's okay. But I would want a nice barrel still.

You shouldn't be over a grand. In fact, you could order one directly from Cajun and be in the nines. You can buy a 75 in SA if you can find one. You can also buy the SAO trigger from Cajun and do it yourself or have it done. Obviously, this option is not available with a decocker. I only buy a decocker in models that only offer that. If I have the choice I always go with a safety model. I think the milsurp guns on the Internet are good guns if you are trying to decide if a CZ is what you want. Not sure I would pour a bunch of money into one. They have all been shot a lot and you really don't know what you are going to get. You don't want to get caught having to re-barrel one.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Why not both?:):

All of my CZ's are decockers. I'm just opposed to manual safeties, so...

I think what I'm going to do next is get rid of one of my SP-01's and get a 75BD and then maybe get rid of one P-01 and get a p-07 and a P-09. The 75BD gives my holster choices that SP-01 can't and I rarely use the rail on the Phantom, so...

CRAP! Must have hit reply with quote instead of edit post. Another post to my count. I'm such a post whore, anyway.

Top Bottom