Dad uses 1911 on laptop to punish child!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    HArd to say what led up to that, but two points:
    1. that wasn't discipline, that was pure anger and gettting out your aggression.
    2. After this video was out, did CPS beat down his door with the SWAT team to remove his children, like they would to somebody who wasn't a judge????

What led up to it is his daughter was downloading pirated music on-line. He'd beaten her all of her life, this time she just put out a camera.
    I agree, the guy's a douchebag
    No, they didn't, because his daughter released it well after she'd moved out of his house. She held onto it for several years, which is strange to me. The judge said "She released it to try and hurt me, because I refused to give her anymore money to live on her own, since she won't get a job.". To that I say, you made your bed when you screwed her head up by beating the living $hi+ out of her.

The dad in the laptop shooting video on the other hand seems completely level headed, and just following through with a punishment that his daughter apparently thought he was exaggerating.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What led up to it is his daughter was downloading pirated music on-line. He'd beaten her all of her life, this time she just put out a camera.
    I agree, the guy's a douchebag
    No, they didn't, because his daughter released it well after she'd moved out of his house. She held onto it for several years, which is strange to me. The judge said "She released it to try and hurt me, because I refused to give her anymore money to live on her own, since she won't get a job.". To that I say, you made your bed when you screwed her head up by beating the living $hi+ out of her.

The dad in the laptop shooting video on the other hand seems completely level headed, and just following through with a punishment that his daughter apparently thought he was exaggerating.
    I agree

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bad parent. Why air your dirty laundry in public like that? Is it really necessary to publicly humiliate your 15 year old daughter to prove your point?

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Bad parent. Why air your dirty laundry in public like that? Is it really necessary to publicly humiliate your 15 year old daughter to prove your point?

Why, Sometimes that the best answer to a teen that doesn't want to lesson to reason. everyone should learn a bit of humility, other wise they will never learn to appreciate what they have in live or how easy their lives are.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why, Sometimes that the best answer to a teen that doesn't want to lesson to reason. everyone should learn a bit of humility, other wise they will never learn to appreciate what they have in live or how easy their lives are.

Because in the age of the internet, that stuff never goes away. It will haunt her forever. There are better ways to handle it.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011

It made it clear to me why she said what she said and why she felt the need to put it on Facebook, instead of communicate with her parents. The apple don't fall far from the tree and he failed to teach the values he preaches on the way down; but actions speak louder than words and in that case they are pretty much the same. 40-50 year old man stooping to the level of his 15 year old daughter (sad in and of itself) to passive agressively discipline her, only to be praised by the internet for good parenting, clearly it went wrong long before that but all he's done is shown the world he's raised a spoiled child.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I tried posting but the mods moved the thread as I was typing.

Anyways, while I applaud him for doing something, I don't think airing it out on Facebook was the best way to handle it. I think this is a growing trend with our nation's youth. I'm not even that old, but I see this going on with my younger sister. It's sad. Hopefully he sticks to his guns (no pun intended) and she straightens up.

Someone needs to remember to be safe even when they are angry, where is his eye pro?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ARRRGGHHH :xmad:

I see Stainer had the same fate.

I'll try to recreate my originally intended post..

Let's assume the kid is a typical teen on FB, that would give about 150-200 'friends' who saw the original letter. Now, how many shares did that get? Should the rebuttal by dad be limited to the kid, or equally disseminated?

To Scutter's comment about things not going away...Some things shouldn't, at least for a while. Trashing your parents in this fashion qualifies, in my book, as one of those things that you keep fresh in the kid's mind. Back in the day, when we were all kids, the lasting reminder would have been the sore ass from dad's belt, and it would not be soon forgotten. Is a youtube video and 8rds of .45 the right answer? Maybe, maybe not, but you can bet the kid won't soon forget.

For those in the thread who are parents, have you ever threatened (or followed through on) taking away your kids toys when they misbehave? I have, threatened and acted on the threat. This is the same thing, on a much larger, and louder, scale.

Top Bottom