• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The anonymous tip line for reporting gun crime is Washington D.C. seems to be: (202) 727-9099.
    I wonder if they would appreciate a call.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The officer I talked to said they had received many calls about the newsman and that detectives were looking into it.:)

More people calling would probably only irritate them.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Found in the comments section at Sipsey Street Irregulars

Subject: Email from DC Police (Intranet Quorum IMA00519327)
    Date: December 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM EST
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan Police Department"

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm glad no one was hurt, those high capacity assault clips KILL I tell you!!!...KILL!!!!

Oh wait a minute it was on BSnbc....ergo no one actually saw it........

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well he certainly proved that the existence of a law will not prevent those intent on breaking it, from doing so.

Thanks, Mr. Gregory...I think you proved our point.

And, if he is not prosecuted or receives a suspended sentence, he will have proved that laws, especially gun laws, are unequally applied.

I predict Obama will announce, in advance, that he will receive a presidential pardon if he is convicted because "he was engaging in First Amendment Protected free speech," and the "persecutor" will refrain from prosecuting because it would "serve no useful purpose."

We all know, of course, that if LaPierre had had a replica of a banned weapon to demonstrate how quickly 10-round magazines could be changed, he would likely face charges in order to "send a message."

I think most gun-owners have already gotten the message.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And, if he is not prosecuted or receives a suspended sentence, he will have proved that laws, especially gun laws, are unequally applied.

I predict Obama will announce, in advance, that he will receive a presidential pardon if he is convicted because "he was engaging in First Amendment Protected free speech," and the "persecutor" will refrain from prosecuting because it would "serve no useful purpose."

We all know, of course, that if LaPierre had had a replica of a banned weapon to demonstrate how quickly 10-round magazines could be changed, he would likely face charges in order to "send a message."

I think most gun-owners have already gotten the message.

Yep...

They'd probably have had a swat team flash-bang and drag WLP off the set.:laugh:

BandageThat!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Clark County
    I am reticent to see this idiot charged with a crime. We all know there is nothing wrong with possessing a 30 round magazine. To me, charging with somebody with that is the crime in and of itself.

That said David Gregory would have no problem seeing me arrested for such a thing. It is a sweet irony of sorts.

Everybody loses though. Us and David Gregory. Tyranny prevails.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Sorry; everything after, "I am reticent .... "

... was a blur. If you are going to use english words, be sure you know which ones apply, to wit: "they're, there, their, thar." "Reticent" in your case should have been "reluctant." I am not reluctant, nor will I remain reticent over your mangling of language. And get over it.
    I am reticent to see this idiot charged with a crime. <snip> "Us and David ..." should be "We and David" UGghhh! Signed, Grammar Tyrant.

Everybody loses though. Us and David Gregory. Tyranny prevails.

BandageThat!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Clark County
    ... was a blur. If you are going to use english words, be sure you know which ones apply, to wit: "they're, there, their, thar." "Reticent" in your case should have been "reluctant." I am not reluctant, nor will I remain reticent over your mangling of language. And get over it.

Hello Grammar Nazi. :welcome:

Using reticent/reluctant as synonyms is becoming very popular. Language evolves over time and the usage is so common that one of the meanings of reticent, according to Dictionary.com, is reluctant.

I am confident that if a Grammar Nazi can accurately interpret my statement then so can everybody else. Merry Christmas, Adolf!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hello Grammar Nazi. :welcome:

Using reticent/reluctant as synonyms is becoming very popular. Language evolves over time and the usage is so common that one of the meanings of reticent, according to Dictionary.com, is reluctant.

I am confident that if a Grammar Nazi can accurately interpret my statement then so can everybody else. Merry Christmas, Adolf!

If running headfirst into a brick wall was becoming more and more popular, would you do it? "Reticent" and "reluctant" are not actually synonyms, no matter HOW many people misuse them.

It's people like you, with your cavalier attitude toward diction, that redefined "well regulated", changing the meaning from "well equipped and trained" to "under the strict control of the government."

Now get off your poor-grammar high horse and quit ****ing up the English language.

Top Bottom