• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    He was asking; Has it been dry fired without a round in it and the pin dented the rim of the chamber?

(Mine doesn't extend the pin far enough to touch the rim of the chamber.)

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Instead of the firing pin hitting the round, which being made of soft brass would absorb the impact, it hits the rim of the chamber and dents it.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    These are rim fire guns, if there was no round in the chamber and the gun was dry fired the pin could strike the rim of the chamber when the pin flys out of the frame.

However on MY gun the pins are clear of the rim when extended out of the frame.

To check yours, lower the hammer on each pin with the barrels swung open, the close the barrels slowly and see if they make contact with either pin.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My x-ray vision isn't working right now, I can't see the pin when I close it. Either way it wouldn't matter if the chamber was dented.... The firing pin puts a good dent in the rim of the round but doesn't fire, when I put the same round in the lower chamber, it fires.A:dunno:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    here's what to look for next. I found damage on mine that could explain why my bottom pin is not extending as far. Looks like someone pulled the trigger with the safety engaged and the rocking part that hits the different pins has a dent in it.

See how big the dent is in yours.

dscn4383n.jpg

Top Bottom