• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I remember when Indiana was on DST when I was a kid. From what I can remember (as I remember is from my then-5-year-old's perspective) is that it was done away with because a) it's stupid; and, b) people didn't like the government mandating that the time actually somehow changed twice a year.

What I've noticed this time around is that those same people who advocated going back to DST are the same ones who now demand that schools and businesses open one hour later because now, under DST, it's still dark when the kids have to go to school and it's dangerous.

Morons.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's no law that says that you must change your clocks.

If you want to call 8 PM 9PM go for it.

Live your life. Quitchyour*****in'

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    There's no law that says that you must change your clocks.

If you want to call 8 PM 9PM go for it.

Live your life. Quitchyour*****in'

What, are you a fascist? "You don't like something, tough, you're not allowed to complain!"

It's a semi-free country, I'll complain all I want, especially if I know it annoys the DST fetishists.

:):

"In Soviet Russia, clocks change YOU!"*

*yes, I know that was communism.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Stop coonfingering the clocks. It's NOT as cool as you think it is

I would change your clock for free, ATM. You wouldn't have to pay me in bacon.

Good thing you live in Crawfordsville. No change is necessary as in Crawfordsville it is always 1955.:laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wherever his clock is. I will change it for him that way we will have one fewer opponents of daylight savings time.

Slowly I build for double daylight savings time! Victory shall be mine.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Some of you guys are Waaaayyyyyyyyyyy to high strung.

The fact is, while comical, it true that the notion of the government "extending the day" is a silly notion and it illustrates the absurdity of the government wanting to control EVERYTHING. Including "how long" the day is.

Arizona and Hawaii moved are in the 21st century and have been since the 20th.

If anything this thread shows how firmly planted to the governments teat some people are.

It's bizarre to the reverence here to what some people view as an omnipotent entity they call "government".

It's a funny line from an old Indian (allegedly), how some people can get butt-hurt by it.... wow, I have no idea how they keep from eating a bullet. Wayyyy to sensitive.

:n00b:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I like Daylight Saving time. I work 11+ hours a day, 5 days a week. That shift in time puts me driving to work in the morning in the dark, versus being near dark when I get home. What the heck do I need an hour of Sunlight on my way to work for anyway. I guess if you work construction, agricultural, or other outdoor work it would suck for you, but if you live life on someone else's schedule, that hour of sunlight at the end of the day makes a huge difference.

Top Bottom