Deer slaughtered in rehabilitation area by 'SWAT' team...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It takes a special breed of person to perform those kind of duties. You've gotta really love animals and love helping people.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I can honestly say I am pretty upset about this. This story for one reason or another has struck a sour nerve with me. What the F8ck is going on.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Aren't we supposed to have due process before the state irrevocably deprives us of our property? Also, isn't this animal abuse? Get ACLU and PETA on this.

Da Bing

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    "chronic wasting disease"???....and can only be tested on dead deer???....sounds like a fancy way of saying we are the law and we do whatever we want. That upsets me. He was keeping these animals essentially as pets and they show up and kill them without ever giving him a chance to fight it, contact a lawyer, etc. That sucks.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    That is disgusting and pathetic. Whoever called it in should be ashamed, and the "officers" who carried it out are a disgrace.

This sort of thing strikes a nerve with me as well.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Aren't we supposed to have due process before the state irrevocably deprives us of our property? Also, isn't this animal abuse? Get ACLU and PETA on this.

Da Bing

My thoughts exactly. At least warn the guy. Give a knock on the door and let him know what's going on. Disgusting.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I'm not a hunter but don't you hunters out there take a lot of pride in making "ethical" kills? How many of you would shoot confined deer just for the hell of it?

You have to love the logic here: we gotta kill em to test for a disease that is not known to exist in our state.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Da Bing

PETA believes that pet ownership is slavery. And worse, PETA has killed far more animals than these "wildlife officers."

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'm not a hunter but don't you hunters out there take a lot of pride in making "ethical" kills? How many of you would shoot confined deer just for the hell of it?

You have to love the logic here: we gotta kill em to test for a disease that is not known to exist in our state.

There are people who pay moeny to go shoot confined animals...:xmad:

Ethics depends on a person and that cahnges well from person to person. Me I don't even like the idea of baiting...

The Govt. including the DNR is getting out of control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    What, was throwing rocks through his windows and flipping him the bird while they served him the warrant deemed excessive? I mean, they obviously had so little respect for this man's property and safety (Opening up without giving him due warning? What if there were people out there!) that merely slaughtering his property and stealing it for testing purposes wasn't beneath them...

This is simply unbelievable. I'm not normally surprised by the serious overstepping of authority, but for heaven's sake they just started blasting his deer. No live capture for euthanization or anything, just stress and panic for the owner and the deer. I treat animals I kill for slaughter with more decency than that.:ranton:

Top Bottom