Deer slaughtered in rehabilitation area by 'SWAT' team...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? the answer is no-one is watching the jbt. How long will it take before a real outcry is raised about this type of behavior?

take this w/ a grain of salt because i am not going to be the one. but why call for a REAL OUTCRY?

instead of asking your internet buddies for a REAL OUTCRY, you go do something about it. to much talk and not enough walk (from a guy thats not going to walk this walk)

if you feel that strongly about it, what are YOU going to do about it?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Just another reminder that Goverment can MESS with you at ANY TIME.
    Why? Because we put up with it. As a potential jury member I would not bother to even bring about a True Bill, much less convict him. If he killed everyone who showed up to kill his livestock I'm sure there'd still be a hung jury.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I think the entire thing is wonky at best. I,however, dont have any issues with the conservation officers (they were doing what they were ordered to do by court, and were fulfilling their job requirements).

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I think the entire thing is wonky at best. I,however, dont have any issues with the conservation officers (they were doing what they were ordered to do by court, and were fulfilling their job requirements).

I can think of a few other historic examples of people just following orders.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I can think of a few other historic examples of people just following orders.

It looks like we meet again, Steve. I stated ordered BY COURT. So Im not sure what beef you could have... other than mention the seige in Idaho with Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidian incident.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    First they came for the deer...
    ... but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a deer.

alert-20090924.jpg

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It looks like we meet again, Steve. I stated ordered BY COURT. So Im not sure what beef you could have... other than mention the seige in Idaho with Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidian incident.

My beef is that it was a crappy thing to do and following orders is no excuse for anything. Ever. They are responsible every time they pull the trigger.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Only an individual can act. You are the only one responsible for your actions.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Oh, you mean those pesky annoyances when Goverment deliberately did its best to kill (and succeeded at killing) several dozen men women and children? Darn, that is annoying. If only there was some way to prevent their slaughter so that people wouldn't have valid points about being worried about Goverment officials trespassing and killing a man's livestock. Boy, the nerve of those Branch Davidians! And the Weavers, how dare they!

Are you serious?

So what if a 'court' orders it? Trespass is trespass, and you better be ready for some action if you're strutting around on another man's land killing his animals, Jack. You better be ready for some action.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Yeah, the problem is they can do it WITHOUT a court.

As for folks and following orders, how about the sickening fact that we idolize folks that were JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS and kill Americans coughPattoncough... (look up the Bonus Army, REAL interesting read...)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm sorry, I meant in light of the actions taken.

Keep a few "extry" dogs (in your adequately fenced back yard) and expect the SWAT team to come a-blastin'?

Nuisciance or not, the actions are not justified. Court or no, the gentleman was apparently deprived of private property without due process.

Again I ask, in what universe should it matter from what he may or may not have been rehabilitating the fallow deer?

Top Bottom