• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I guess I should have used purple. Most people don't know me, but I thought my 2nd post would have cleared it up. I'm a mellinal. I don't lump us all in the same group. I don't want to be thought of as one of...them...::shudder::

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    They are too stupid to realize they are doing something wrong. This was their time to show us how they are smart, loving, and free thinking.......I'm not impressed

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess I should have used purple. Most people don't know me, but I thought my 2nd post would have cleared it up. I'm a mellinal. I don't lump us all in the same group. I don't want to be thought of as one of...them...::shudder::
    Nah. It's okay to be a Millennial. The only trait you share with every millennial is the range of hears you were born. I work with some of the finest software engineers who are millennials. They just wear pajamas and flip-flops to work, and don't comb their hair.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, here's where the meme breaks down.

As far as I can tell self-proclaimed anarchists, largely, have the T-shirts and are pretty much internet radicals, but when it comes to real life...meh.

Yet in real life, the right looks the same as the left see themselves in a mirror.

<gong sounds>

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yet in real life, the right looks the same as the left see themselves in a mirror.

<gong sounds>
    The left can't see their reflection in a mirror. <real gong sounds>

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Every day, these people prove to Trumps supporters, that they were spot on about the other side. With every passing day, I feel more confident in my decision.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...248638&ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_comment_mention

Protesters refusing to allow 2 servicemen to pass.
    I'm in a Facebook argument, unfortunately in a Closed Group.

A guy I'm arguing with claims they did nothing wrong.
    Also claims you have no right to travel, no right to go to a public space, and that you only have the rights as listed in the Constitution.

Ugh.

So we go and find his snowflake butt and prevent him from moving freely.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...638&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_mention

Protesters refusing to allow 2 servicemen to pass.
    I'm in a Facebook argument, unfortunately in a Closed Group.

A guy I'm arguing with claims they did nothing wrong.
    Also claims you have no right to travel, no right to go to a public space, and that you only have the rights as listed in the Constitution.

Ugh.

So we go and find his snowflake butt and prevent him from moving freely.

Edited names because it is a private group.
    I am L D, or Larry

His starting comment
    K S They have a right to protest and this group is being peaceful about it.

replies

L D This is NOT protesting. They have a right to speak. They do NOT have a right to block travel.Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. L D it is protesting. You don't have a right to go to an inauguration.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

Remove
    M Turner.. K S Why don't they have the right to go to the inauguration? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. M T please point out the right to attend an inauguration in the Constitution. I'll wait.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    P K Please point out the right to block travel in the Constitution. I'll wait.l.NO, nevermind, I'm hungry. I'll be back after dinner.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Kevin, you have a right to travel.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    B R Freedom of assembly?
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. L D not really. But you do have the freedom to protest.

Sucks for these Air Force personnel but they can go to another checkpoint.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Kevin, maybe you should read some of the documents of the Founding Fathers. Some of them were AGAINST a Bill of Rights because they were worried people would think those were their only rights.
    Guess you proved them right.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Freedom to assemble would apply to both groups.
    You can NOT go to a Public Park, and not let anyone in.
    You are then violating other's rights.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. L D because the rights enumerated in the Constitution as well as decided by the Supreme Court are the only rights you have. You can't add in additional rights because you don't agree with someone's protest.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. L D you don't have a right to be in a public park so......
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Well Kevin, go block access to a Public Park, wait for the police to show up. I'm sure you'll be a great lawyer at your trial.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Also, the Supreme Court has ruled the rights listed are not a complete list of rights.
    Try again.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. L D the police will show up and just leave. Protesting is not committing a crime.

Seems like your idea of protesting is shut the hell up if you don't agree with me.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D No. They have a right to speak. To hold signs. Etc. But their rights stop where they infringe on others rights.
    You can't just do whatever you want, and call it protesting.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Since you're so sure the police will show and then leave, I welcome your pictures of you refusing access to a park.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    K S.. L D they are not infringing upon anyone's rights by standing in front of other people.
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

Remove
    L D Still waiting on your pictures.
    Like · Reply · 58 mins

Remove
    K S.. L D I'm not sure how I could single handedly block access to a park. You didn't actually think that through.
    Like · Reply · 56 mins

Remove
    L D Get some friends.
    I'm still waiting.
    Like · Reply · 53 mins

Remove
    K S.. L D or you can try to find the constitutional amendment or Supreme Court case that gives you the right to attend an inauguration.

I'll just save you time and frustration right now and tell you that none exists.

You don't have to like a protest but people have the right to peacefully protest like they are in the video.....

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean your rights are being violated.
    Like · Reply · 50 mins

Remove
    L D So now I have to do your homework?
    I'll just wait on your pictures.
    Like · Reply · 46 mins

Remove
    L D And just because you don't like that your rights are not limited to what's written in the Constitution, doesn't mean that they aren't.
    Like · Reply · 44 mins

Remove
    L D https://en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Freedom_of_movement_under...
    Freedom of movement under United States law - Wikipedia
    Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States Constitution which states, "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States." As far back as the circuit cour...
    en.wikipedia.org

Like · Reply · Remove Preview · 42 mins

Remove
    K S.. L D so according to you I have the right to another persons apple pie right? It's not in the constitution but since I deemed it so I have that right.
    Like · Reply · 41 mins

Remove
    L D As the Supreme Court notes in Saenz v Roe, 98-97 (1999), the Constitution does not contain the word "travel" in any context, let alone an explicit right to travel (except for members of Congress, who are guaranteed the right to travel to and from Congress). The presumed right to travel, however, is firmly established in U.S. law and precedent. In U.S. v Guest, 383 U.S. 745 (1966), the Court noted, "It is a right that has been firmly established and repeatedly recognized." In fact, in Shapiro v Thompson, 394 U.S. 618 (1969), Justice Stewart noted in a concurring opinion that "it is a right broadly assertable against private interference as well as governmental action. Like the right of association, ... it is a virtually unconditional personal right, guaranteed by the Constitution to us all." It is interesting to note that the Articles of Confederation had an explicit right to travel; it is now thought that the right is so fundamental that the Framers may have thought it unnecessary to include it in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.
    Like · Reply · 39 mins

Remove
    L D And you said I resorted to "straw man"?
    I'm assuming if I'm eating apple pie, that it is mine. PRIVATE PROPERTY.
    They are blocking PUBLIC PROPERTY, that has been set up for PUBLIC ACCESS (Different than Public Property such as military installations and such)

Private property allows you to stop people from going on your property.
    But it doesn't allow you to stop people going down the street.
    Like · Reply · 27 mins

Remove
    L D I've provided my proof. Where's yours?
    Like · Reply · 27 mins

Remove
    T H I'm with Larry here its the same in canada people are allowed to roam and go were ever they what with in resonible means only way you can legally block someone is if it's private property or if a dangerous senero has happend example being biological waste spill or fire ect... if you're only resonible means is block people to be a dick you are technically interfering with someone's personal freedoms and all so in canada if you block government officials or services willingly you well be fined and Wourse case jailed.
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 8 mins

1525444_880678838637290_1635418800819601914_n.jpg

Write a reply...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    L D I'm sure if those were conservatives stopping liberals/progressives, someone would have found this to be wrong. I guess it's just the "wrong" group being stopped.o\
    Like · Reply · 14 mins

Remove
    K S.. L D you haven't provided proof of anything. You don't have the right to go to an inauguration. The first amendment which I really hope I don't need to cite, allows for peaceful protest.
    Like · Reply · 1 min

Remove
    L D Well, if I haven't proven anything, neither have you. Show me where you are authorized to stop people on pubic property set out for public access.
    Like · Reply · Just now

Top Bottom