• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am on point. Your argument is that the existence of the law is the justification for the law. "It's the law" isn't much of a justification for anything. It's a simple statement of fact. When the discussion revolves around the overstep of government and it acting beyond powers it was granted, an argument defending the status quo better have some more meat to it than "Well, that's just the way it is."

I use slavery because it is the perfect foil to your argument. If you can defend a modern law by none other than it's existence, then by the same token, slavery was justified when it was legal as well. It's all about consistency. Slavery didn't become morally bankrupt just because the law changed. Neither is this case morally justified just because the law says it's legal to do it.

But aside from all of that, this isn't just about statutory law. This is about federal departments exercising powers they don't have and judges ruling in contradiction to the spirit of the principles of this nation.

There are some here that will defend the action of the government no matter what, I am not quite sure why. On the payroll possibly?

I am confident that if a poster here was pulled over for a seat belt violation, was taken down by SWAT & their car confiscated there would be those here that would defend that action simply "because it is the law".

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    There are some here that will defend the action of the government no matter what, I am not quite sure why. On the payroll possibly?

I am confident that if a poster here was pulled over for a seat belt violation, was taken down by SWAT & their car confiscated there would be those here that would defend that action simply "because it is the law".

Or, perhaps they just understand that all of the rage on the internet solves little and they are old enough to remember that things change by working within the system, imperfect as it is.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Or, perhaps they just understand that all of the rage on the internet solves little and they are old enough to remember that things change by working within the system, imperfect as it is.
    Imperfect is how my bacon turns out, not how I would describe a government usurping power.

As if internet rage is all that is taking place :rolleyes:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "Or, perhaps they just understand that all of the rage on the internet solves little and they are old enough to remember that things change by working within the system, imperfect as it is. "

The " internet " is what made the BLM with their apache helicopter and snipers stand down and outed Harry Reid' s stooges crooked deals.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    While a white supremacist murders 3 and critically wounds another at a Jewish Community Center in Kansas City. It is reported that the rugged individualist yelled "heil Hitler" as he was taken to a police squad car.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually, Manatee this is a prime example of how "rage on the internet" can solve a problem. If the call had not gone out across the internet and elicited rage in many, people would not have shown up at that mans ranch and driven off the BLM troopers. The rage made the government blink. And it worked quite well, no matter how supporters of the government actions might like it to be otherwise.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    While a white supremacist murders 3 and critically wounds another at a Jewish Community Center in Kansas City. It is reported that the rugged individualist yelled "heil Hitler" as he was taken to a police squad car.

Was it a member of the Ukrainian parliament,or perhaps the "new" Ukrainian president?
    If so I am sure we can pretend it really did not happen.

Sorry for the families of those involved though.Strange that our government supports this else where.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Some of us have been voting for the right people all along, but the scum of the earth outnumber the smarter people so the wolves get to keep voting on whats for dinner.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You obviously haven't been paying attention. If you had I wouldn't need to. There also have been quotes from new sources linked on earlier posts.

If you read twice as much and halffast you'd understand that your contention is less than half the story. Hackneyed generalites regarding the American Indian's treatment at the hands of the federal government are accompanied by alligator tears on your part, I'm sure.

Personally, I'd put a lien on his 160 acres and be done with it. There was no need to escalate this to the point of snipers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And those people are the worst kind of evil this country has to face.

The people who are in such complete denial of the state of affairs they drag everyone else to their grave because they're too stubborn to accept reality and stop living some escapist fantasy.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Actually, Manatee this is a prime example of how "rage on the internet" can solve a problem. If the call had not gone out across the internet and elicited rage in many, people would not have shown up at that mans ranch and driven off the BLM troopers. The rage made the government blink. And it worked quite well, no matter how supporters of the government actions might like it to be otherwise.

HoughMade had this reference to the matter on another thread here on INGO: Cliven p Bundy

I think Bundy duped 1000 people into risking their lives with terrible facts. Mostly rage against the government. I certainly don't want to make heroes out of them.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    HoughMade had this reference to the matter on another thread here on INGO: Cliven p Bundy

I think Bundy duped 1000 people into risking their lives with terrible facts. Mostly rage against the government. I certainly don't want to make heroes out of them.

I think you're right. I also think we're going to see more and more of this.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    He has a great point, and doesn't recognize the authority of the bureaucratic BLM. They weren't elected, and he has very valid points regarding the need for localities (sheriff's) to tell these people to pound sand.

Had a federal government came in armed, and pointed guns at my citizens for non-violent offenses, I would expect our Sheriff's and deputies to step in and tell them to go home.

It is interesting to hear stories about the people who came "militia" if you will, coming from atypical "militia" areas.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think a lot of those people were there to stand up to the jack boots. Whatever you think of Bundy's situation, the BLM went about this in the most provocative way. I don't like his use of the land. He shouldn't get a free ride. And the BLM doesn't need its own merc force.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Agree. But, if I'm going to put my life on the line, it's not going to be for some crusty desert rat whose religious and political beliefs I don't support.

Top Bottom