• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The issue is we don’t know if the gun was holstered or not. Story is the guy was an Air Marshal (not sure if true). Maybe he was open carrying when confronted and then the thief took off trying to hit him. If it was holstered and the thief tried to hit him, I can see quick reaction to fire his weapon if trained. I wasn’t there so all I know if a mail thief was caught and shot.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Texas

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/12/29/2-dead-1-critically-injured-shooting-white-settlement-church/

Man with shotgun shoots someone in a church near DFW. Church member shoots assailant. 2 dead, one critically injured. Don't know who is who yet, first reports sketchy.

A little more detail:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-texas-injured-active

And more:
    https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article...show/287-afa9b2ee-2e58-4e02-b838-1d327b463848

A live stream of the worship service shows a person wearing a large coat stand up and then pull out what appears to be a rifle or a shotgun. The shooter appears to fire twice before another person appears to shoot back.
    Many people in the congregation ducked under church pews while others rushed toward the shooter, holding up handguns, the video shows.

A church leader starts telling people to quiet down and be seated.

"Everything is under control. Our security team did everything they needed to do," the person said.

One article says the shooter is dead, another says he is wounded.

The last one article states that the Texas recently made it legal to carry hand guns in church. That is false. It has been legal for people with LTCs to carry in church for decades, unless the church took specific measures to prohibit licensed carry. The recent law change just made the wording more straight forward.

A recent change in the law did make it legal for churches to establish volunteer security teams. Before that organized security had to be provided by peace officers or license security companies.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Texas

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/12/29/2-dead-1-critically-injured-shooting-white-settlement-church/

Man with shotgun shoots someone in a church near DFW. Church member shoots assailant. 2 dead, one critically injured. Don't know who is who yet, first reports sketchy.

A little more detail:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-texas-injured-active

And more:
    https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article...show/287-afa9b2ee-2e58-4e02-b838-1d327b463848

One article says the shooter is dead, another says he is wounded.

The last one article states that the Texas recently made it legal to carry hand guns in church. That is false. It has been legal for people with LTCs to carry in church for decades, unless the church took specific measures to prohibit licensed carry. The recent law change just made the wording more straight forward.

A recent change in the law did make it legal for churches to establish volunteer security teams. Before that organized security had to be provided by peace officers or license security companies.

While sad that people died I see this as being a great move toward letting bad guys with guns know that there are good guys with guns who know what to do.

Kudos to the security team. I am sure nobody wanted to test the training, but it seems to have paid off here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Orthodox Jews carrying rifles in Rockland County, NY following a string of anti-Semitic attacks in NYC

EM-9zcqWsAA6e3o

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    California

Convenience store cashier confronted by two robbers, shoots one who dies in parking lot, other flees. Cashier has head wound from pistol whipping.

[video=youtube_share;ubM4v4ZnBek]https://youtu.be/ubM4v4ZnBek[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I will say again: the unmasking of all of the phony conservatives such as Tom Nichols has been the absolute best thing about the Trump presidency.

Everything I want to say to him in response to that string of tweets would be wholly unchristian, so I'll hold my tongue. I'll just say that Tom apparently has zero concept of how to conduct risk assessment and risk control. Some risks are mitigated merely because of the severity of the harm that would occur, even if probability of occurrence is extremely low.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    I will say again: the unmasking of all of the phony conservatives such as Tom Nichols has been the absolute best thing about the Trump presidency.

Everything I want to say to him in response to that string of tweets would be wholly unchristian, so I'll hold my tongue. I'll just say that Tom apparently has zero concept of how to conduct risk assessment and risk control. Some risks are mitigated merely because of the severity of the harm that would occur, even if probability of occurrence is extremely low.

It is not the amount of risk that is important, it is the value of what is at risk.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I’ve never heard of this person but assuming your characterization of him considering himself to be a conservative is true, it’s strikes me that our legislature is full of this kind of “conservative”.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    I’ve never heard of this person but assuming your characterization of him considering himself to be a conservative is true, it’s strikes me that our legislature is full of this kind of “conservative”.

Yeah, Tom fancies himself quite the "true conservative," not like those icky people who dared to vote for Trump.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    2 previously unknown Las Vegas killings believed to be self-defense
    The first shooting took place about 2:55 a.m. on Nov. 28, when Jun Basa was shot multiple times after allegedly trying to rob a 27-year-old man on the 3600 block of West Ali Baba Lane, near West Hacienda Avenue and South Valley View Boulevard, according to Metropolitan Police Department homicide Lt. Ray Spencer.
    The other slaying occurred shortly after midnight on Dec. 8, when a man was shot and killed by a 34-year-old man in apparent self-defense on the 3000 block of Cabana Drive, south of Vegas Valley Drive, Spencer said. The victim was identified by the coroner’s office as 34-year-old Luis Daniel Estien Rivera of Las Vegas.
    As of 01 Jan 20 neither defender was facing charges and their identities have not been released.

Top Bottom