• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I will NEVER register a single weapon that I own, I dont care one damn bit about ANY Unconstitutional AWB... Try and come and take them... I will leave my comment at that...

Gunner

This is my response as well. How many of us do you think will be sacrificial lambs for SWAT team raids in the middle of the night before the rest of us fall in-line and comply?

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I contacted my state rep with email, the senators page is down. Could some one with better words than myself write up a nice letter I can copy and paste to print and mail off?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Written to, again. Well, Coats anyways. Visclosky is worthless. I quit writing to him after I wallpapered an entire room with his rambling responses.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes
    I use an AR-15 for deer hunting, does that make it exempt?

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act
    I read this as de-facto national gun registry. Most modern handguns hold over 10 rounds. Your Glock 21 with a 13 shot mag is now a NFA item. Wanna bet we have to pay $200 for a stamp?

Already wrote Senator Coats. Donnelly still AWOL.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I contacted my state rep with email, the senators page is down. Could some one with better words than myself write up a nice letter I can copy and paste to print and mail off?

You words are yours, and they are valuable. I'm not saying that it's not good to have eloquently written letters, but 26000 individual letters are IMHO better than 50000 form letters!

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My $.02 - sent today (pilfered a little bit of it from japartridge - thanks! and plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery...)

================================

Mr. Rokita (and sent to Coats as well)

I am writing today in reference to the newly published Feinstein Assault Weapons Legislation; this proposed piece of Legislation is a direct attack on the Constitution of the United States of America and must not be allowed to enter into law.

It treats law abiding citizens in a similar manner as sex offenders who also much register and provide fingerprints, etc. I have committed no crimes and do not appreciate being treated as such just because I believe in the second amendment and believe in exactly what the constitution says, my right "to keep and bear arms" shall not be infringed.

I feel deeply for those affected in the Sandy Hook tragedy, however the perpetrator of that crime was a single sick and deranged man. He was *certainly* not representative of the vast majority of gun owners across the country even though that is exactly how Ms. Feinstein is trying to portray us.

If you need statistics to back up how well gun control works, look no further than Chicago, Il - the utopia for gun control advocates. In 2012, 446 school age children were shot, 62 of which died in Chicago. If gun control works so well - how could this happen. The answer is simple; criminals don't follow laws and that won't change. All the gun ban does is disarm law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and many will appreciate your vote against then when it comes to the floor.

Sincerely,

Andrew A Clark
    Indiana Resident

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I use an AR-15 for deer hunting, does that make it exempt?

I read this as de-facto national gun registry. Most modern handguns hold over 10 rounds. Your Glock 21 with a 13 shot mag is now a NFA item. Wanna bet we have to pay $200 for a stamp?

Already wrote Senator Coats. Donnelly still AWOL.
    Nope, just makes it a scary, evil "assault rifle" :rolleyes:

Good for you writing, I'd rep you but I'm all out. :(

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    My $.02 - sent today (pilfered a little bit of it from japartridge - thanks! and plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery...)

================================

Mr. Rokita (and sent to Coats as well)

I am writing today in reference to the newly published Feinstein Assault Weapons Legislation; this proposed piece of Legislation is a direct attack on the Constitution of the United States of America and must not be allowed to enter into law.

It treats law abiding citizens in a similar manner as sex offenders who also much register and provide fingerprints, etc. I have committed no crimes and do not appreciate being treated as such just because I believe in the second amendment and believe in exactly what the constitution says, my right "to keep and bear arms" shall not be infringed.

I feel deeply for those affected in the Sandy Hook tragedy, however the perpetrator of that crime was a single sick and deranged man. He was *certainly* not representative of the vast majority of gun owners across the country even though that is exactly how Ms. Feinstein is trying to portray us.

If you need statistics to back up how well gun control works, look no further than Chicago, Il - the utopia for gun control advocates. In 2012, 446 school age children were shot, 62 of which died in Chicago. If gun control works so well - how could this happen. The answer is simple; criminals don't follow laws and that won't change. All the gun ban does is disarm law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and many will appreciate your vote against then when it comes to the floor.

Sincerely,

Andrew A Clark
    Indiana Resident

Someone rep him, I'm out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ALL OF US need to be contacting our representatives in congress to let our voices be heard!!! This is an all out assault on the Constitution of the United States and we must treat it as such!

Find your rep The United States House of Representatives · House.gov
    Find your Senator U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Email them, call them, write them... we need to flood our members of congress to let them know that this violation will not be tolerated!

The time for action is now... we cannot sit idly by and watch the rest of our freedoms be taken from us!

FYI-
    Both links worked for me.

Might I also suggest once you find the contact page for your legislator, you bookmark it for quicker and easier reference next time.

Emails sent to Young and Coats.

What are you guys using for Donnelly?

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    Sent e-mail to Coats and Young. Don't need rep, just need others to do the same. If you don't like it let your congressman know! If they don't hear from all of us they may well listen to the rabble on the left, the strength is in numbers.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Use this link.

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

You apparently can't write Joe Donnely until after the new congress. His house page contact page is disabled. The NRA page will try to send to Coats and Luger.

Writing Luger is just a major waste of time!

Here is what I sent
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for using National Rifle Association Mail System.

Message sent to the following recipients:
    Representative Carson
    Senator Coats
    President
    Message text follows:

December 27, 2012

[recipient address was inserted here]

[recipient name was inserted here],

I just read Diane Feinstein's proposed 2013 AWB legislation, and I am less
    then impressed.

I encourage you all to oppose this legislation, let it die in committee.
    The Second amendment applies to ALL FIREARMS, not just some.

We have the right to bear arms, whatever the model and type of that arm is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I break thing down as I see them in this blog post. As it stands with the limited information we have to go with right now, the proposed law looks as though it will not only ban most modern semi-automatic rifles but most modern semi-automatic handguns as well. You would be required to register your Glock and M&P's with the NFA.

Any firearm on the NFA plays by a separate set of rules. Unless exempted by the law, NFA items can not be transferred across state lines without a 5320.20 form being filed. Right now this takes months to get approval for (at least it has taken months for me). God only knows how long it would take when literally millions of people are filing such requests annually.

Anyway, here's how I see things: Military Arms Channel Blog: The AWB of 2013

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, here it is:

Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

And it's way worse than the 1994 ban.

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
    • Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
      • 120 specifically-named firearms
      • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
      • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
    • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
      • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
      • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
      • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
    • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
    • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
      • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
      • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
      • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
    • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
      • Background check of owner and any transferee;
      • Type and serial number of the firearm;
      • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
      • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
      • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
    A pdf of the bill summary is available here.
    Effectivenness of 1994-2004 Assault Weapons Ban

It is basically a show piece to appease the leftwing freaks and kooks who make the base of the democrats. That base is mostly feminists and metrosexual males (momma's boys). Even the union folks would resist this bill.

Oh, it could pass. But then it might not due to the fact that most democrats in the senate find it going to far. For the most part the dems are into show laws that have no teeth.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom