Dicks sporting goods west 86th - beware!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It looks as if Castleton Square is well on the way to being devolved from one of the few remaining nice malls into yet another Washington Square or Laffayette Square.
    Enjoy it while you can, folks, 'cause you're about to kiss it goodbye.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It looks as if Castleton Square is well on the way to being devolved from one of the few remaining nice malls into yet another Washington Square or Laffayette Square.
    Enjoy it while you can, folks, 'cause you're about to kiss it goodbye.

you may be right.
    But he's talking about the dicks on the other side of town.
    I did the same thing.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Because there is no cameras!!!!!!! I'm not blaming Dicks, but damn, get with the program! ...

The evidence I've seen on whether or not security cameras are an effective crime deterrent is mixed.

They can be a layer, but they're not a panacea.

Sorry for your loss. Theft sucks.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Every store around dicks at that location has cameras. What business doesn't have cameras these days? Yes, I don't like dick's, I think its a sad excuse for a sporting goods store. I would not have gone there if I wasn't trying to kill time, waiting for my dad to get out of surgery. Talked with Dick's employees afterward and they stated that there is a problem in that parking lot. Really??? Because there is no cameras!!!!!!! I'm not blaming Dicks, but damn, get with the program!

Backpack was in the back of crew cab truck, back windows tinted, pack on the floor.
    I used to be the store manager of the Bed Bath and Beyond right next to that Dicks. We had cameras inside but none in the parking lot. Most retailers don't have near as many cameras as you'd think.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    RosieO'donell said:
    I hate Dick's!!!!

1rosie.jpg

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Just wondering, was the backpack visible from outside or hidden under the seat and completely out of view?

Please help me understand something. If a woman gets drunk, does drugs, or dresses provocatively and gets assaulted, and we point out her stupidity for putting herself in that situation, it's called "blaming the victim". (Now I'm not in any way saying that the assaulter is any less culpable in that situation, so don't go there.) So by asking if something valuable was displayed so that it's attractive to someone with bad intentions, isn't that also "blaming the victim"? He should be able to leave his backpack in plain sight without fear of harm, shouldn't he?

I'm just sooooo confused.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Please help me understand something. If a woman gets drunk, does drugs, or dresses provocatively and gets assaulted, and we point out her stupidity for putting herself in that situation, it's called "blaming the victim". (Now I'm not in any way saying that the assaulter is any less culpable in that situation, so don't go there.) So by asking if something valuable was displayed so that it's attractive to someone with bad intentions, isn't that also "blaming the victim"? He should be able to leave his backpack in plain sight without fear of harm, shouldn't he?

I'm just sooooo confused.

Let me help:

He had it coming because he did this -> Victim blaming
    You decrease your odds of being victimized if you take the following steps -> Not victim blaming.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Let me help:

You decrease your odds of being victimized if you take the following steps -> Not victim blaming.

Exactly. I'm not going to blame a person because some lowlife broke into their car, but if they want some free advice I'd be glad to share it. We have had lots of vehicles broken into lately and it's usually a backpack/laptop bag that's missing. Lock your doors and place any valuables, or anything which resembles possible valuables, in the trunk. A thief should look in and see nothing remotely worth breaking a window to steal.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    I used to be the store manager of the Bed Bath and Beyond right next to that Dicks. We had cameras inside but none in the parking lot. Most retailers don't have near as many cameras as you'd think.

Bed Bath and Beyond has one now, the other guy went to check if it would be able to see anything in the Dick's parking lot.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let me help:

+1

In the past, there's been some virtually loud virtual arguments on INGO involving people who can't make this distinction.

Top Bottom