Dicks sporting goods west 86th - beware!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm just as confused.

And more. Was there a self-defense situation? It seems like this happened while you were away from the vehicle. Were you targeted because you were open carrying?

Thieves suck and I do sympathize with you, but why is this not in the Break Room?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Eye Bleach for the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ females of the IDF
    img0577ur2.jpg
    Just trying to offset the other picture:n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really only go into that lot to meet FTF with Ingo people to do deals. Convenient and wide open.

I will be on the lookout from now on.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This my car is full of useless junk and trash. I use to obfuscate any valuables I may have. It also could be because I'm lazy.

Bingo. They assume nice truck, nice stuff. Sucks.

The crappy vehicle full of what looks like garbage and other debris probably works pretty well.

I parked my minivan at the Fruitvale BART station in Oakland, CA every business day for years and no one ever touched it. I attribute my good fortune to the fact that it always looked like a homeless person was living in it. For those not familiar with the Fruitvale station, there was a movie made about it a few years ago.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can someone inform my wife of this stuff?

Her car usually has phone chargers, wads of money and bottles of pills in plain sight.

:rolleyes: :xmad:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    All,

Watch out for the POS's at Dick's on west 86th st. My truck and another truck had the rear passenger door windows smashed out and stuff stolen. The took my backpack which had my Benchmade knife and I nice watch in it. No cameras in the parking lot. I hate Dick's!!!! Happened around 2:00 pm yesterday (5/2/16)

Tsmith

I'll leave this one alone.

Sorry to hear about your stuff. Things are replaceable.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I know I need to be better about leaving stuff in the car. Unless I have to because of a prohibited place, a gun is never left in the car so there is that. I do leave my phone charger in, I guess that could be a signal there may be a phone. I drive a truck so there is no trunk to put the occasional bag or backpack in. I need to be better about throwing them under the back seat.

On more than one occasion I have accidentally left my car unlocked with the keys in the ignition at home overnight. Something would catch my attention when I pulled into the drive way and id go mess with it and forget to lock up. Our old neighborhood never had any crime, like seriously there has never been any crime, so it never bit me. That is just a stolen car waiting to happen though, regardless of how nice it is where you live.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Late to the party, sorry about that, but am posting because I disagree with the majority opinion here.

That Dick's doesn't have security cameras and the local hoodlums know it, doing brazen smash and grabs in broad daylight. And, Dick's knows that their customers are being targeted in their parking lot, and has done nothing about it...

IMO, reason enough not to be one of their customers. So, thanks for the heads up, and those that disagree are welcome to continue shopping there.

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    It's cute that you think the local hoodlums care if there are security cameras or not.
    If they want it bad enough they will do whatever it takes. They don't care about cameras or the laws. Ask Chicago how their gun laws are working. Just an example.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I hear that lesbians only shop Gander Mountain for sporting goods. They hate Dicks!

I didn't have anything else to add..........

(in grade school that joke referenced Galyan's Trading post instead, but they are long closed. I suppose Galyan's couldn't get enough lesbian sales to stay competitive)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom