• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Did you read the OP as being mean spirited? Cause I didn't... I understand your point, but I don't think this was meant to bash anyone.

I don't think it was either. The rhyming part wasn't really needed, but whatever. I just took it as a guy with a problem and wondering what might be the cause. The baron's first post definitely put the whole thing in a different light. :noway:

Props to cwood for making it right.:rockwoot:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I don't think it was either. The rhyming part wasn't really needed, but whatever. I just took it as a guy with a problem and wondering what might be the cause. The baron's first post definitely put the whole thing in a different light. :noway:

Props to cwood for making it right.:rockwoot:

I actually didnt know who the OP was talking about, until the post after yours.
    I have no first hand experience with the ammunition in question, though from the sounds of it, it seems to be first rate stuff. I have also not had any interactions with Cwood, only crossing over one of his posts in the forums. He seems to be an intelligent, upstanding guy.
    Unfortunately, after reading the replies from BB, and knowing the name he puts on his ammunition, I will avoid it like the plague.

The OP was a little out of line outing the ammo before contacting anyone about his concerns, but did post a retraction after finding the rest of the lot to be fine. BB's reaction, and every post after the first reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum. The only person I feel sorry for in this situation is Cwood, for having to deal with such a douche of a supplier when someone complains about their product.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I just went back and searched through other posts by BB. Since he has so few, I didn't think it would take long. It didn't. But it does show a pattern similar to the attitude displayed in this one. :noway:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Despite what you think of the manufacturer and his posts and tactics, just remember this.
    cwood and Indiana Supply Depot does not sell crap. His stuff is good stuff. And, unfortunately, I haven't bought or used this particular ammo. But I still plan on doing so soon.

bulletbaron

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I can understand persons being upset with my over reaction to this scenario, but in all honesty, when my product is slammed by a statement of "black snow from hell", in my thinking, it is not only derogatory to the product, by myself & my company.

I would have been very understanding & sympathetic if I would have received an intelligent inquiry as to what the possible cause of these flakes were, or why this particular box of rounds were inaccurate and the others were okay, but to be slammed in such a way and then say Chris had taken care of the problem (unknown to me), this is why I am upset.

And if this reaction of having my product slammed and persons will look elsewhere for their ammunition needs, so be it.

I am done responding to further postings SO just fire away!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I thought you were already done responding? :dunno:

And for what it's worth, I had no idea who you were or the ammo company involved until you posted asking that this thread be removed.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The OP was a little out of line outing the ammo before contacting anyone about his concerns, but did post a retraction after finding the rest of the lot to be fine. .

While the OP did relay later that the rest of the ammo was fine, I don't think anyone could of expected this all to end well. It started going south right after the initial opening post of just (6) sentences included terms such as " Black snowflakes from hell ", "Funky lot", "recession partridge ", " lame bunch ", and the comment "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn".

I didn't have any concern how BB responded to the OP... It is a issue between them that they need to sort out. I did not care how BB called out other members though who were only trying to help out. I also didn't care for how he went down and asked mods to close the thread.

Saying this though, I will cont to buy his product as long as CWood brings it to Ft. Wayne. It has always worked fine for me and always at a fair price. FWIW, I have never met the man in person, but have spoken to him on the phone. While he sure is a character, he won my business by how he took every bit of 45 minutes in his busy day to answer every question I had, not to mention the quality of what he manufactures.

Wish you all would cut the guy a little slack. He is just trying to make a living, has made a huge investment, makes a good product that he stands behind, and sells at a very fair price.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    While the OP did relay later that the rest of the ammo was fine, I don't think anyone could of expected this all to end well. It started going south right after the initial opening post of just (6) sentences included terms such as " Black snowflakes from hell ", "Funky lot", "recession partridge ", " lame bunch ", and the comment "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn".

I didn't have any concern how BB responded to the OP... It is a issue between them that they need to sort out. I did not care how BB called out other members though who were only trying to help out. I also didn't care for how he went down and asked mods to close the thread.

Saying this though, I will cont to buy his product as long as CWood brings it to Ft. Wayne. It has always worked fine for me and always at a fair price. FWIW, I have never met the man in person, but have spoken to him on the phone. While he sure is a character, he won my business by how he took every bit of 45 minutes in his busy day to answer every question I had, not to mention the quality of what he manufactures.

Wish you all would cut the guy a little slack. He is just trying to make a living, has made a huge investment, makes a good product that he stands behind, and sells at a very fair price.

Well said! :yesway:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

All he needs is to show the people that buy his ammo a little R E S P E C T

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    The more he post, the more he put his foot in his mouth:D
    Good point.
    Why? The entire situation could have been handled better by BB. Period. No matter what OP says, it's BB responsibility as a business owner not to be a jerk. How many of his customers do not like his attitude or his position on his customers now? If I bought his ammo before, I surely wouldn't now after his rant on the OP. 1 bad post can be a bad day or tired-OK, but to reply again and still be a jerk is uncalled for and I would like to see buyer's boycott just because of his "personality".

And the OP should have handled it differently as well, but that does not mean it's his fault for how BB replied.

Big fail.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Prior to posting I didn't know the BB was a site supporter or a member, even still, that doesn't afford him the luxury censoring threads or immunity from commentary about the product. I posed a question to find if others had a similar experience so that I could decide whether to shoot more. After doing so I posted that some ammo from a different box worked as I expected. Perhaps "black snowflakes from hell" was received as inflammatory by Le' Baron, however it has been my experience that white snow falls gently downward from Heaven. To wit it is a logical play on words that black flakes being the opposing color would derive origin in the opposite location. As for "the broad side of a barn" it's hyperbole commonly used in the lexicon to describe instances such as this where the shooter is unable to accurately hit his target. Le' Barron can take comfort in me divulging that I am not a professional marksman, however I have been doing it long enough to know when A) I am not off of my game and B) to recognize consistency with this particular inconsistent box. It saddens me that in an open forum designed for sharing information about the sport and related goods and services, that an advertiser would wish to censor a thread and all but call participants on the forum liars for relaying and experience in an effort to determine if others found a similar experience. Clearly from both the thread and personal messages from other members, it is apparent that from time to time people are having problems. There is not a single manufacturer who can claim perfection. Pursuit of perfection, however, is admirable and requires listening to customers concerns instead of attacking them for bringing potential problems to light. I wish that I had never brought it up because I hate for the sh*tstorm whipped up by the mfr to rub off on the retailer who has acted most admirably.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All he needs is to show the people that buy his ammo a little R E S P E C T

True, but respect needed to run BOTH ways !

Good point.

Why? The entire situation could have been handled better by BB. Period. No matter what OP says, it's BB responsibility as a business owner not to be a jerk. How many of his customers do not like his attitude or his position on his customers now? If I bought his ammo before, I surely wouldn't now after his rant on the OP. 1 bad post can be a bad day or tired-OK, but to reply again and still be a jerk is uncalled for and I would like to see buyer's boycott just because of his "personality".

And the OP should have handled it differently as well, but that does not mean it's his fault for how BB replied.

Big fail.:twocents:

Why ? because he makes a great product and if you ever had a issue and dealt with him correctly, I would bet you'd be happy with the results.

I do agree, BB should have handled it much better. Saying that though, I try to put myself in his shoes... As a member here, he opens and sees that opening post and makes the offer to give a full refund. The OP refuses and basically chooses to holds the man " hostage " for POSSIBLE flaming in the future... I see the OP is a fellow Ft. Wayne member and I will cut him the same slack and say that was not his intent, but again, I do feel the business owner had limited options when someone was flaming their product, but at same time was refusing to return the remainder and settle things.

Top Bottom