• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......... I wish that I had never brought it up because I hate for the sh*tstorm whipped up by the mfr to rub off on the retailer who has acted most admirably.

No, you had a product issue and addressed it. :dunno:

If anything it showed Chris to be a stand up guy that takes care of issues.
    He could have told you jump but instead he said no problem, I'll take care of it.
    It would make me much more likely to do business with him than less. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    It did make me much more likely to deal with Chris. I wish to make that clear! I look forward to future purchases from Chris.

Last edited:

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol

I would have been very understanding & sympathetic if I would have received an intelligent inquiry as to what the possible cause of these flakes were, or why this particular box of rounds were inaccurate and the others were okay

this seems so far to be the only 50 round box out of a 50,000 round "run" in which the same "lot" of powder was used, the same "lot" of CCI Large Pistol primers and the same "lot" of "X-TREME" bullets were used. In my 25 years of producing reloaded ammunition I have never encountered such a scenario and would feel much better if this individual would go elsewhere for his ammunition needs.

To be total honest with you and some of the other members of this Forum, it amazes me that out of a run 50,000 rounds, you have the bad luck to purchase the only box of "bad" ammo with a scenario that I have not had in 25 years of producing well over 60 MILLION rounds of ammunition. Other members talk about "light" loads or "incorrect" crimp, all not knowing what the hell they are talking about since they do not know the facts nor the loading data let alone even seeing this "defective" ammunition!!!!!!!

It really doesn't seem that you are understanding at all...but that's just from reading your words...

If you have any clue to what may have caused these "snowflakes", will you please share so the rest of us MORONS may learn something?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While the OP did relay later that the rest of the ammo was fine, I don't think anyone could of expected this all to end well. It started going south right after the initial opening post of just (6) sentences included terms such as " Black snowflakes from hell ", "Funky lot", "recession partridge ", " lame bunch ", and the comment "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn".

I didn't have any concern how BB responded to the OP... It is a issue between them that they need to sort out. I did not care how BB called out other members though who were only trying to help out. I also didn't care for how he went down and asked mods to close the thread.

Saying this though, I will cont to buy his product as long as CWood brings it to Ft. Wayne. It has always worked fine for me and always at a fair price. FWIW, I have never met the man in person, but have spoken to him on the phone. While he sure is a character, he won my business by how he took every bit of 45 minutes in his busy day to answer every question I had, not to mention the quality of what he manufactures.

Wish you all would cut the guy a little slack. He is just trying to make a living, has made a huge investment, makes a good product that he stands behind, and sells at a very fair price.

While all of the drama could have been avoided by PM or phone call, it was unfolded here, in an open forum.

As for BBs responses (all of them) it sounded to me like he didnt want the OPs business, or the business of anyone who might find fault in anything he produced.
    I for one, am more than happy to oblige his request, and will happily pass his sentiments on to all of my friends who do shoot, and do not reload. There are plenty of people in the business who are just as good (or better), and can show a little more tact and class when dealing with criticism of their product.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've shot countless rounds in many calibers and have never come across this "illusion" which really pisses me off.
    I want my ammo to snow too.
    It would be like some groovy flashback from my delirious years. :n00b:

Bulletbaron - Maybe you could market this "specialty ammo" and just call it "Black Snowflakes From Hell".
    I'd pay more for ammo to see this stuff in action. Can I get other colors?

My girls just told me they want some ammo that "Rains Glitter". Can I get some of that too on my order?

Heres a picture my girls picked out to show you.
    glitter.jpg

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    He offered him a refund if he would never purchase his product again.

Which was still rather snippy. A better response would have been: "Gosh, sorry to hear that. I'll send you a box to replace that one, and if you could send me whatever unfired rounds are left from that box, plus any brass from that box so I can try to find the problem, I would appreciate it."

The company is out very little money, and it would have gone a long way in customer relations.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If you have any clue to what may have caused these "snowflakes", will you please share so the rest of us MORONS may learn something?

Which is the entire reason I subscribed to this thread to begin with: to try to LEARN SOMETHING. Instead, I'm rewarded with what looks like a "Customer Relations 101" role-play exercise. (Now class, what would YOU have done differently?)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    For what it is worth, I did edit my OP. The original text is there for context, but I struck through it. After lots of thought, and seeing how much I hurt Bulletbaron I took it back and described evens as they actually occurred.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Before I started reloading myself, I bought all of my reload ammo from The Powder Keg in Marion (closed after the death of the owner). If I ever had an issue with any ammo, I took it back and it was replaced, no problem. I couldn't begin to imagine all of the rounds that were loaded by Russ (the owner), not all of them were perfect, but customer service was second to none. It always takes two, it takes a big man to just say "I'm sorry you aren't happy with my product, here is a replacement or a refund", it also takes an equally big man to allow the business owner to correct the problem.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Before I started reloading myself, I bought all of my reload ammo from The Powder Keg in Marion (closed after the death of the owner). If I ever had an issue with any ammo, I took it back and it was replaced, no problem. I couldn't begin to imagine all of the rounds that were loaded by Russ (the owner), not all of them were perfect, but customer service was second to none. It always takes two, it takes a big man to just say "I'm sorry you aren't happy with my product, here is a replacement or a refund", it also takes an equally big man to allow the business owner to correct the problem.

Dood. I didn't do business with precision. I bought from a retailer who has corrected the problem.

If it makes me a smaller man not to sell the rest of the ammo back to a manufacturer who also demands as a condition that I never purchase precision again, then I'll gladly sport the title smallest man. :facepalm:

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    The flakes of Unique or another powder are only a problem if:
    1) the accuracy sucks
    or
    2) kernals get under the star on your revolver's cylinder.
    I find that despite the flakes, 5.0gn of Unique is quite accurate in several different cartridges and bullet weights. I have never had a malfunction due to Unique and it has never shown any pressure spikes like several new powders tend to.
    I wish that I could say good things about Bullseye, but it just wasn't accurate in any of my .45s or .38 Wadcutter loads in the late '70s and I have never bought more. I find AA2 to meet all my handgun accuracy needs--except for magnums where 2400 has always been a stand-out in .44 and .45 Win Mag.
    Aesthetics should not be a criteria to select a powder.

Top Bottom