• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    So how do you give back time, and rebuild the relationships lost? This is the sad way of our judicial system.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    You don't care anything about the circumstances of the case, you just want blood.

I am quite sure, from the tenor of most of your posts, that you are of little consequence in this world, except for being a message board irritant. I thank God for this, because if people like you were ever to come into power, the result would be infinitely worse than the supposed "police state" that you undoubtedly think you live in.

Are you just trying to start crap or something? I mean if you dont agree fine, but your personal attacks are pretty petty. As for wanting blood, you are DAMN RIGHT, Police, judges, prosecutors, politicians ALL NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. How about if that were your father that was in prison? I bet you would feel the same way. As for being the message board irritant as you call me, you seem to be the only one that is irritated... You sound like a PC kool-aid drinking liberal sheep that enjoys the groping you get at the airport, and are fine with "Ausweiss Bitte?"

INGunGuy

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    We need Dredd to get his arse in here and set us all straight by telling us that the DNA evidence cannot possibly be correct, since this man was convicted by a jury. "THE LAW DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES. IF YOU'RE CONVICTED, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE GUILTY."

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    This was a jury trial. You want someone to blame? Try yourself. Police DO NOT CONVICT PEOPLE. Prosecutors will always try to present the strongest.

So now that thats established lets look at some other people who would share more fault.

-Public defender
    - Jury

They judge did not rule from the bench here. In a jury trial they are mainly spectators.

I figured I would add this guy will never have to work. He is $et. Our tax dollars will be hookin him up with a very comfortable lifestyle.

Playing devils advocate here but there are a lot of people who work there ass off for 30 years + and still don't get enough of a retirement to make it. Who is worse off?

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    While I am at it...At least they reviewed the case. Relatively dna has been around for a short amount of time. How many other counties have conviction integirty units that review cases? Anywhere else and your @$$ is probably in for life.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I figured I would add this guy will never have to work. He is . Our tax dollars will be hookin him up with a very comfortable lifestyle.

Playing devils advocate here but there are a lot of people who work there ass off for 30 years + and still don't get enough of a retirement to make it. Who is worse off?

Being compensated for having the best years of your life robbed from you hardly makes you some sort of entitlement queen. He is worse off because he is stepping out into a foreign world to him. We're in a technologically-dependent world and he's never touched a computer or a cell phone before. He didn't get to see his kids grow up. All his farts are silent now. He is much worse off being 30 years institutionalized, if he has any sanity left at all.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Being compensated for having the best years of your life robbed from you hardly makes you some sort of entitlement queen. He is worse off because he is stepping out into a foreign world to him. We're in a technologically-dependent world and he's never touched a computer or a cell phone before. He didn't get to see his kids grow up. All his farts are silent now. He is much worse off being 30 years institutionalized, if he has any sanity left at all.

Its horrible and no amount of money can buy time. The jury must not have got the beyond a reasonable doubt memo on this one.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    It's not a personal attack, it's an observation. You clearly called for people to die without due process. Thank God the real founding fathers (not the ones you imagine in your head) were nothing like you.

And if my father were in prison unjustly, I would do everything within my power to get him released. This does not include murdering the judges, prosecutors, police, court staff, jury, etc. Humans are fallible, and thus, anything created by humans is fallible. The judicial system we have is probably one of the best in the world, but it still has its flaws. As long as humans run it, it will remain flawed. The best one can hope for is that men and women with conscience work within the system and do the right thing. This would not include killing people without due process, however. There's a difference between accountability and fanatical calls for murder based purely on emotion. (ie: "How would you feel?")

PC kool-aid drinking liberal sheep? :rolleyes: Unlike you, I think for myself and don't pick a group to do my thinking for me. Although, if anything is a classic example of modern liberalism, it is the type of emotionally charged argument for drastic action that you have offered.

A lunatic is a lunatic, whether he's flipping out on the left side or the right side of the spectrum.

I dont think for myself? I dont trust our judicial system as far as I can throw it. If you have enough money you will get out of ANYTHING, just look at OJ. Yea he is in jail, FINALLY, but for armed robbery and NOT murder. Look at how if the FEDGOV wants this or that, some John Q. Taxpayer will sue, but a liberal judge will say yes, maybe the FEDGOV is wrong, but will still allow them to continue to do whatever they want until the case makes it thru the judicial system. Then look at if John Q. Taxpayer is incarcerated for this or that, and again a liberal judge says oh well yea they have a case for appeals, but they can stay in prison until it works thru the judicial system. Its all a load of crap.

My daughter was suspended from school for saying no to drugs, yea that's right, SHE SAID NO. No hearing, no impartial 3rd party, just another BS school system that could care less that she did what was right.

Ok, so maybe murder is wrong, fine, then put the judge, the prosecutor, the police all in prison for the SAME EXACT AMOUNT OF TIME, this poor guy spent in prison. Oh and make sure to put them in GENPOP like he was. These people MUST be held accountable for their actions, WE ARE, why shouldnt they be? If someone breaks into my home at 2AM and I shoot and kill them, but my round over penetrates, I miss the first time, whatever, and the round ends up hitting an innocent by-stander and killing them, do you think I would be held accountable? Your damn right I would be. Now lets say the police are in the same situation, they fire on someone for whatever reason, and they end up killing an innocent by-stander, there would be a inquiry, but the individual officer that fired the fatal shot would not be charged and convicted of murder. How come they arent held to the same standards as us?

INGunGuy

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    The judge, prosecuting attorney, and police deserve one thing in a case like this, DEATH! Send them all to "old Sparky" That will cut down on BS like this in the future...

INGunGuy

i wish all americans knew how easy it was to convict an innocent person of a crime and how stupidly easy it is to get an innocent person to plea to a bad charge just to make the case go away since the innocent person cant afford a lawyer for the time it takes to fight a charge

if all of america thought like you,,,wed have a free country again,,,instead gun owners usually side with cops and prosecutors,,,and like keeping lots of things illegal,,,

The Defense Rests -- Permanently

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I can tell you this, I, me, if I were guilty of committing a crime, I would admit to it immediately. I wouldnt try to hide behind some legal mumbo-jumbo. I would also NEVER admit to a crime that I didnt commit. My son screwed up royally, and when the law came knocking, I drove him to the police station, went to the detective that was on the case, told my son to "man up" and tell the detective EXACTLY what happened IN GREAT detail. He did, and ended up spending a year away from us. He came back a better person because of it. We didnt get him a lawyer we didnt ask for lienency, and it worked out for the best for everyone involved.

INGunGuy

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is a terrible thing that can not be compensated for. Unfortunately sometimes bad results occur. If there was a witness or the victim that picked the guy out of a lineup and they seemed sure, and seemed legitimate, what is the police or prosecutor going to do? You can't blame them for it. I know it sounds terrible but most all of us have had things happen in our lives that wasn't fair, sometimes **** happens. You have to go on and try to make do with the cards you are dealt.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    It is a terrible thing that can not be compensated for. Unfortunately sometimes bad results occur. If there was a witness or the victim that picked the guy out of a lineup and they seemed sure, and seemed legitimate, what is the police or prosecutor going to do? You can't blame them for it. I know it sounds terrible but most all of us have had things happen in our lives that wasn't fair, sometimes **** happens. You have to go on and try to make do with the cards you are dealt.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that... but we all have our own opinions...

INGunGuy

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Unless the evidence was falsified in some manner the police have nothing to do with this. One person picked someone in the photo array, someone else did not. This guy was arrested on an arrest warrant. A judge found probably cause to issue that warrant. A jury believed he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

i disagree,,,this case and thousands like it proves the system is broken and not worth my respect or loyalty...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    From the accounts I read, the DNA evidence didn't prove he was innocent of the crime, it just introduced enough doubt that the conviction couldn't be sustained. Don't get me wrong, it was still a bad conviction, but I'm also convinced that at least some of the people who have gotten out of jail based on DNA evidence were still objectively guilty, just not legally guilty.

Ironically, juries put a high value on eyewitness testimony, when it's been proven in study after study that it's terribly unreliable, especially when a member of one racial group is identifying another group.

And for those of you calling for the heads of the judge and prosecutor, you should have to prove they did something wrong. If the prosecutor presented the evidence he had, and the judge ran the proceedings correctly, what is their responsibility? And as to the jury being right or wrong, what would you do with two eyewitnesses who pointed to the defendant in the courtroom and said, "He did it?"

It's impossible to design a system that is mistake free. That's why we have the lengthy appeals system so many around here want to do away with.

Top Bottom