• Do you compete with what you carry?

• Total voters

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    amatures. how do you expect to start shooting w/o a timer buzzer?

fortunately you can now get tactical timers. all black, for the streets. chrome buttons and bright skinz are for the games.
    CED7000T Tactical timer

-rvb

Pretty sure that's the same timer [STRIKE]SEAL Team 6[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]DevGru[/STRIKE] SEAL Team 6 used when they went to whack UBL. After the Make Ready, etc., Master Chief hits the button and they're off! Then I'm sure they immediately unloaded and showed clear after the course of fire was completed.

I'll bet the 5 minute walkthrough was a little tense, what with all the terrorists around and such.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Pretty sure that's the same timer [STRIKE]SEAL Team 6[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]DevGru[/STRIKE] SEAL Team 6 used when they went to whack UBL. After the Make Ready, etc., Master Chief hits the button and they're off! Then I'm sure they immediately unloaded and showed clear after the course of fire was completed.

Wasn't that part of the recent UBL shooter's story.... "my TACTIM [operator speak for tactical timer] captured my awesome 0.19 splits into the lower A followed by a 0.21 transition to the upper A zone..... oops, you didn't hear that, our operators' split capabilities are classified...."

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'll bet the 5 minute walkthrough was a little tense, what with all the terrorists around and such.

Operators get to build replica "stages" on the other side of the globe and spend months doing walkthroughs. Would be pretty embarrassing if they forgot their stage plan.....

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wasn't that part of the recent UBL shooter's story.... "my TACTIM [operator speak for tactical timer] captured my awesome 0.19 splits into the lower A followed by a 0.21 transition to the upper A zone..... oops, you didn't hear that, our operators' split capabilities are classified...."

Operators get to build replica "stages" on the other side of the globe and spend months doing walkthroughs. Would be pretty embarrassing if they forgot their stage plan.....

-rvb

Is that like when people take their match booklets to the hotel the night before and draw on the diagrams with colored pencils?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't carry my gamer gun, BUT I do carry a kindle and some pasties. Will that help me on the street?

Kindle might be used to summon help if it is not hot or raining and if the dang thing didn't confuse pizza with police, otherwise I think you probably meant pasters, although maybe pasties could be used to create a distraction?

Spelling could get you killed in the street.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Is that like when people take their match booklets to the hotel the night before and draw on the diagrams with colored pencils?

same thing..... the problem lies in the actual stage not being like what is drawn in the book....just like real life. we practice this every month at WVPPS.:ugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I ask this , those of you who shoot multiple kinds of tournaments are you more likely to shoot your carry pistol in idpa versus other tournament formats?

No. IDPA rules are too restrictive and do not allow any of my carry guns as I carry them in terms of where I place my holster, how many rounds I load, my light, and how I have placed skateboard tape on the slide. In USPSA, there are divisions that will accommodate just about any carry gun that is 9mm or bigger.

When I shoot IDPA, I shoot a 9mm 1911 in an IWB holster on belt where the rules will allow.

Top Bottom