• ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    image.jpg

If so, kindly remind them tresspassing is a misdemeanor and those big yellow POSTED PRIVATE PROPERTY NO TRESPASSING signs they walked by are kinda hard to miss.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You didn't think that buying your own piece of property meant that others couldn't use it as well did you?

It should be perfectly legal to booby trap for trespassers in my opinion.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    View attachment 50660

If so, kindly remind them tresspassing is a misdemeanor and those big yellow POSTED PRIVATE PROPERTY NO TRESPASSING signs they walked by are kinda hard to miss.
    I'd be posting this on FB and any other social media you can post on. Someone will know them and get the word out.
    I've had the same trouble since I bought my place. It's taken a while but the old regular trespassers have all been ran off finally. A couple of them were locals that thought it was their right to abuse my land.
    I even had a couple of guys sneaking down my long tree line I shoot towards. Man those guys could run.
    Most of mine is farmed so weather and seasons dictate a lot of intrusion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buddy has been expanding his property for many years. Started out with 25 acres and now has well north of 500.
    Along the way many of the locals would get caught deep in his ground and claim they had permission from the owner. Hilarious as a lot of the land was bought from estates. Pops passes on and the kids sell it off. Asshats continue their BS activity's.
    My buddy is no one to trifle with. Period. Folks have made trips to the emergency room after getting smart with him.
    A couple of neighbors with only and acre or so would set up tree stands facing into his property only a few feet from a well marked line. He would get the saws, put them in the rig and go drop the tree. On the stand. Yes, he has had to pay for a tree or 2 but the word got out and this stopped.

Trespassers suck butt.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Buddy has been expanding his property for many years. Started out with 25 acres and now has well north of 500.
    Along the way many of the locals would get caught deep in his ground and claim they had permission from the owner. Hilarious as a lot of the land was bought from estates. Pops passes on and the kids sell it off. Asshats continue their BS activity's.
    My buddy is no one to trifle with. Period. Folks have made trips to the emergency room after getting smart with him.
    A couple of neighbors with only and acre or so would set up tree stands facing into his property only a few feet from a well marked line. He would get the saws, put them in the rig and go drop the tree. On the stand. Yes, he has had to pay for a tree or 2 but the word got out and this stopped.

Trespassers suck butt.

If they set up stands and hunt and the animal crosses into another person's property, by law they are supposed to ask for permission to retrieve the game. If the landowner refuses, legally they can't do anything. If they continue to hunt and animals go cross the line, the DNR can cite them for Wanton Destruction of Wildlife.

If they are making the shots in another person's property I believe that may fall under poaching laws, but I am not sure. It has been awhile since I was involved in the Hunter Education program and that was in Virginia so Indiana laws may vary.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like Bubba and Zeke have Bud Light tall boys.

Having grown up in Southern Indiana (not quite as far south as avboiler11, but south of east fork White River) I have a great deal of respect for private property. I also have a dim view of trespassers. Good luck identifying them, the Internet has made it a much smaller world.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yeah.... Looks like I'm buying me a trailcam or 5. Found new jeep tracks on the south lane today, can't get the gate and fence up fast enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they set up stands and hunt and the animal crosses into another person's property, by law they are supposed to ask for permission to retrieve the game. If the landowner refuses, legally they can't do anything. If they continue to hunt and animals go cross the line, the DNR can cite them for Wanton Destruction of Wildlife.

If they are making the shots in another person's property I believe that may fall under poaching laws, but I am not sure. It has been awhile since I was involved in the Hunter Education program and that was in Virginia so Indiana laws may vary.

These douche nozzles were obviously hunting across the line. Had been reported and stands removed. They just moved them and my buddy got tired of it.Found piles of whats left after you field strip a kill more than once. He never takes does only bucks. These butt brains would take anything that was upright. Total idiots.

Top Bottom