Do you own a firearm chambered in .22LR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you own a firearm chambered in 22LR?

• Yes

Votes: 310 91.2%
    • No

Votes: 4 1.2%
    • Bacon - because it’s delicious

Votes: 26 7.6%

• Total voters

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    tl/dr - but did any of the three "no" votes come forward with a comment?
    I seem to recall at least one person saying they were looking to get one. I think they had sold awhile back but are wanting to get back in the game.

And maybe another just saying they needed to buy one, they guess.

Hunter12166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Muncie
    Simple enough question. I have made the comment that “everyone who owns guns has a .22”. While that may have been somewhat true in the past, I can’t say that is the case anymore. There are a lot of new gun owners out there with the small/medium sized handguns being popular for new buyers. Since I have to assume INGO is semi representative or at least made up of gun owners……..

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is weird.)
    Yes I have a 1958
    Simple enough question. I have made the comment that “everyone who owns guns has a .22”. While that may have been somewhat true in the past, I can’t say that is the case anymore. There are a lot of new gun owners out there with the small/medium sized handguns being popular for new buyers. Since I have to assume INGO is semi representative or at least made up of gun owners……..

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is weird.)
    I have a 1958 Remington 510 targetmaster it's a tack driver.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Pistols, revolvers, single shot pistols, single shot rifle, semi auto rifles.

Ammo by the box, brick and case.

Just a good start
    Hello and welcome to INGO. Please click the link below and introduce yourself to the group. Good bunch around here, with a lot of experience in just about anything you care to mention.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I sort of forgot about this thread. Apparently 99% of gun owners own a rimfire rifle or pistol. At least that is what I am going to say. This poll is probably more accurate then a CNN political poll.

If you don’t own a .22 LR then get out there and buy one. If you don’t like then there is really nothing I can do to help you and no advice I can give.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Marlin 39A Octagon .22
    Marlin 39M Octagon .22
    Winchester 9422 XTR .22
    Winchester 9422M XTR .22Mag
    Winchester 9417 .17HMR- Kinda like a .22?

Thing is, they were lost in a boating accident in Lake Michigan. Sitting at the bottom somewhere?

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Ruger MK III target that'll be getting its own red dot very soon.

Ruger Single six from '71, un-converted.

10/22 with a Green Mountain barrel, 2# trigger and an Ultra Dot....it's like cheating. My 'coon and groundhog relocation apparatus.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ruger MK III target that'll be getting its own red dot very soon.

Ruger Single six from '71, un-converted.

10/22 with a Green Mountain barrel, 2# trigger and an Ultra Dot....it's like cheating. My 'coon and groundhog relocation apparatus.
    I've had two Ruger Mark 3s that shot well & very well.
    One was a $200 gun I got in a rifle deal that I couldn't let go of for the longest time b/c it was so cheap but shot so good from Zachcz.
    Zack bought it back from me when I was through playing with it for his daughter, I think.
    The other I had $650 in it & it shot as well as my $1100 SW 41.
    I bought it from Tristan/Aeroflyer, who had upgraded it magnificently with a Volquartsen barrel as an example.
    All were bought, sold or traded to other members. :ingo:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Does this count? Accurate, light, and handy. I can't imagine how many rounds of .22 are shot in a year but I bet it would be more than the total of all other calibers.
    View attachment 220555

Yes. Yes it does count. I passed up a good deal on one of those cuz it was a financial stretch at the time. Been kicking myself ever since. Superb handling rifle - perfect balance.

Top Bottom