• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Jan 13, 2011
    You do know that online stores have an overhead advantage, right? (allowing them to sell things at lowere prices)

:popcorn:

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    yes I do but many places are price matching and even with the transfer fee, it would still be cheaper.

sjstill

Master
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Sorry, just saw this. I'll find out for sure tomorrow, and let you know. I would assume we would, but you know what happens when you assume....

sjstill

Master
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Most shops I have worked previously will price match. I only work the range at BGF, so I'm not that familiar with our store policy.

Integraholic

Master
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I'm going to say we don't. Even at that cheaper price with Bud's, you're still looking at shipping and transfer fee that will put you right around the price we have it for in the store.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    Even if they don't match an online store we should all support or local gun shops! Big online stores are killing of local shops! I personally would spend and extra $20-$30 to keep my money local.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Even if they don't match an online store we should all support or local gun shops! Big online stores are killing of local shops! I personally would spend and extra $20-$30 to keep my money local.
    Agreed, and with a $15-25 transfer fee, the difference is VERY small!

TNT5315

Plinker
    Nov 17, 2013
    Morgan county
    If we don't have small LGS because everybody buys online we will lose a great resource. I would always want to actually hold a gun in my hand before purchasing, so for me I will always prefer a LGS and second would be a big box store (eg dicks sporting goods). I would try to steer clear of online purchases, that's just me though.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    agreed. I purchase local and gladly pay a few dollars more. The ability of holding a gun before I buy is a big deal. Also, imho, profit is not a dirty word. No one works for free. You don't at your job, so don't expect someone else to either. Lgs is an invaluable resource. Online stores don't build new ranges to shoot at or provide classes for training purposes. Sorry to rant, but I'm so sick of everyone selling each other out for a nickel. Local business of any kind keeps a community strong. It is the big box mentality that has put the middle class where they are today. Pay the local guy who is providing a service and jobs to your local community a couple bucks more and you'll save it down the road on repeat discounts for buying over and over again.

homer12

Plinker
    Nov 1, 2012
    Also, I assume you see the difference at buying "cash price" from Bud's online versus the "credit card price". Never bought from them personally, but they advertise the "cash price" and I think when it comes to buying at that you have to send a money order or cash or something. anyway, considered it once and it seemed a bit cumbersome to save a few bucks.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Could just ask BGF if that is the best price they can offer you and let them know you are a member of INGO. Not saying it will do you any good, but it has saved me a few dollars at other LGS around Indy.

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Also, I assume you see the difference at buying "cash price" from Bud's online versus the "credit card price". Never bought from them personally, but they advertise the "cash price" and I think when it comes to buying at that you have to send a money order or cash or something. anyway, considered it once and it seemed a bit cumbersome to save a few bucks.

I always found this interesting with Buds. How do you pay cash for somthing you buy on line? My LGS is always 15 to 25 more than on line, but when I make a purchase, its in my hands that day and not waiting for shipping that could take weeks.

Top Bottom