• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I've only been in Don's a couple times, and have never purchased anything. I've shot at the range, though, and that day my friend and I were both referred to as 'officer' by the clientele, even though neither one of us had anything to given them reason to assume. On the firing line, it was us 2 and some guy and his girl at the other end. They were shooting a single shot 12ga. We chose to shoot the 1 box of ammo we bought and get outta dodge.

Kingkarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Against the grain, mostly
    Speaking of Elmores

These guys are real fans. Most of them are ex-cops. All of them really know guns, the laws, and are eager to teach. Deals are to be had. Good guns at good prices. Of all the gun shops around [and I go to all of 'em] this is my favorite place. They really care about customers and customer service.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    These guys are real fans. Most of them are ex-cops. All of them really know guns, the laws, and are eager to teach. Deals are to be had. Good guns at good prices. Of all the gun shops around [and I go to all of 'em] this is my favorite place. They really care about customers and customer service.

For a minute I thought you were talking about Don's. :n00b:

:welcome: By the way!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i talked to my aunt yesterday who wanted to buy my uncle a 10-22 for christmas she went to dons and called me and said does 350 for a 10-22 sound right obviously i said no it wasn't stainless or anything

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Wanamaker Guns on Southeastern Avenue, great people. Been doing business with them for many many years. Class III also.
    Elmore's is a good place. Good people.
    Beech Grove guns, good people also. Nice and friendly. Good prices. Class III also.

JuggaloP380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Northside/Castleton
    CRAZY HIGH prices, above average links to weapons used in crimes, horrible word of mouth from gun community. Enough for me.
    Ill have to go re-find the link, but i found a website that lists the top 120 gun stores that sell to criminals in AMERICA, dons guns sat nice n high at number TWO. And i bought my P380 from there for two hundred, keep in mind its a davis, not a kahr. Will never be returning except to use my last free range time.

JuggaloP380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Northside/Castleton
    *Look at the Brady Campaign statistics* eww I hope I never have to say that again,

but they have a list of the top "gun shops" where guns used in crimes were purchased. Don's Guns is #2 IN THE COUNTRY. Not good stuff. Some people would feel morally responsible. Some would try to change. "Don just loves to sell guns" to any one who will pay and pass a background check. Not that other dealers wouldn't, but just looking at his clientele he has to see this statistic coming. Not to be rascist, profilistic, any of this, but come on.

Sometimes it is just about doing the right thing.

Managers do the thing right, leaders do the right thing.
    Sorry bout that, shoulve read all posts before posting, newb mistake, lol

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    Hell, I would not want to be in the parking lot either someone might hit you as they get ready to drive through the side of the store to steal all the guns. (bet he had them do that too so he could collect the insurance money at his CRAZY prices.)

The parking lot at Don's Guns is one of the places that I have visited that I would not have felt safe without a gun.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    They don't give prices over the phone because their prices are WAY high. I had a student shop around for a 9mm XD SC and she went to plainfield Shooters ($469) and then to Don's. ($749!!!) He also FINANCES guns. I can see lay away and do that from time to time myself. But financing? The range prices are double anywhere else. Two people, 50 rounds for an hour.. $100!! Also as previousley mentioned, guns tied to crime.

Range safety does not exist there. Too many bad experiences.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I saw high prices on used guns that I would not feel comfortable selling to anyone. I do know that his shop is a target by those that want to steal guns. He gives the good shop owners a bad name. Also, some guns used in crimes have been traced back to him. His staff is not knowledgable on firearms.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    The media goes to this narcissist at the drop of a hat when there is a gun related story, Don always throws the 2nd Amendment and current gun laws under the bus because that is what the media wants to hear, that current gun laws are easily evaded or beat and we need more regulation. This guy has a criminal history twice as long as your arm with the mob and he could probably still have me snuffed for saying so. His prices are ridiculously high and he doesn't deserve to be in business.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The media goes to this narcissist at the drop of a hat when there is a gun related stor

That's because he's the only gun dealer they know because he's the only one that ADVERTISES. Seriously, aside from Target Sports in Sheridan throwing the occasional ad in a local town newspaper and Wyatt's having a couple of billboards, NO ONE else advertises.

Think about how many new shooters come onto INGO and the first thing they say is "I stopped by Don's..."

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I saw a 40XDM there before they got big and it was about $550, I wasnt 21 yet and didnt really want to give them any of my info anyway so I didnt get it. Went back a few weeks later and the price had DOUBLED!!!!! Aammo prices that are just silly. Shooting a 9mm is like shooting 30.06. Havent been back since. But they do sell CCW badges for about $50 if i remember :joke:

greed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have been to Don's Guns by 38th st a few times when I need to site in a gun during the winter. I always feel like I am taking a risk. I would never buy a gun there. Over priced peices of junk. I would not trust any weapon in the place.

Top Bottom