Dont know a lot on pistols, what is a good gun to carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A gun that you are comfortable shooting is always better than trying to force yourself to adapt to something that is just uncomfortable for you!

I, personally, prefer revolvers...and have an SP101 in .357 that is my every day carry gun! I have a Gen II Glock 23 in .40 that I'm getting used to...but don't carry very often! My wife's favorite is her Gen II Glock 19 in 9mm...but she is getting used to my SP101! Several friends also carry revolvers!

Talk to people and see what they carry and like best about their carry pistol and see if you can shoot several of them! Find one you like...and go from there!

Best!

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    It all depends on how small you want to get with a carry gun. I carry the Ruger LCP .380 because it conceals very easily. With a bigger gun I always feel like someone can see my pistol and consequently it is hard to relax when I carry a bigger gun. The LCP works great for me.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I've carried semi-autos in .380 and 9mm.

Now I've gone back to just plain simple: A double-action S&W J-Frame 38 Special revolver rated for +P ammunition with a Laser sight.

It's simple. It's accurate. It's relatively cheap.
    It shoots accurately from the hip.
    Practice is cheap if you shop around online for ammo.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have been carrying an XDM compact in 9mm. I have been thinking of getting a pocket gun to have on me when I go work out. Revolvers are nice, but I prefer semi autos.

Top Bottom