• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I knew this post would pull ya in! I think I am gonna shy away from a double stack or 2011 whatever term you prefer.. One of the main reasons I have 1911s is because I hate fat grips!!!

You have no idea what you have done.... You've totally screwed with the space time continuum with all that "double stack 1911" nonsense. The Colt gods are angry, the minions are moving... and someone has to pay.

Well... Nice knowin' ya kid.

:popcorn:

P.S. :laugh:

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I guess the same goes for anything other than Colt, right?

Fair enough.

cgp3.jpg

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I had the Springfield G.I. in a double stack. You don't see them too often.

Very plain gun, almost spartan. It was fun to shoot, but heavy as heck! When I purchased it new, it only had one mag, which blows, but I found the Para.12 mags worked just as well...........

Traded it in on a Smith revolver, if memory serves...........

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Yeah, I know of one. Glock makes a great double stack .45!

....Oh, you said 1911. Oops. Seriously though, a coworker of mine was in love with his Para Ordnance P14. Experts on the 1911 market will have to guide you as I am not familiar with all the shops making double stacks. I'm about to get negative repped I'm sure but go to a gun range and rent a Glock 30 or 21, just to see what things are like on the dark side. :starwars:
    A low bore axis works wonders for felt recoil on large caliber handguns. If you don't like the grip angle then the M&P 45 might have what you are seeking as well. Think about it- polymer... light weight... low bore axis... high capacity... reliability at least equal to a 1911... no hammer or thumb safety to fiddle with under stress... what's not to love? :)

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    thanks for all this info , now I think I will go look a para 1911 and see how it feels, it looks good.

Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    Colt Gods

Yeah, you really gotta get that name redirect thing fixed. I can't PM my new cool grips pics to you...

I PM a mod and he is gonna get it fixes for me! I will let ya know when it's all take n care of.. I will have to please the Colt Gods with a sacrifice of a few Franklins.. That is one 1911 I don't have.. I can't seem to find one that fits my fancy yet.. It took me almost a year to find the Springfield and another for my awesome Kimber I swooped from ya!! ;)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Para Limited 14.45 and the Limited 16.40 are great pistols. I really enjoy them. After waiting months for a custom shop springfield target pistol, it came in the same week I bought the Para. With every brand of ammo in the shop, the Para shot the same very tight groups as the Springfield. Pretty impressive for a production pistol to be as good as a custom shop pistol (that was very good).

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I will have to please the Colt Gods with a sacrifice of a few Franklins.. That is one 1911 I don't have..
    Swing past the 1911 case when you're in. A few have been sold, but we still have more Colts than we've had in a LONG dang time.

It took me almost a year to find the Springfield and another for my awesome Kimber I swooped from ya!! ;)
    They need friends. Lucky for you, I happen to know a few...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Only double stack 1911 I have is a RIA 22TCM/9MM. Great pistol and doesn't feel as ungainly as some of the other double stacks I've coonfingered, probably because it's a 9MM.
    The 22 TCM is a great idea and I"m surprised the pistols aren't harder to get.

https://us.armscor.com/products/22-tcm-target-micro-mag-9mm

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Only double stack 1911 I have is a RIA 22TCM/9MM. Great pistol and doesn't feel as ungainly as some of the other double stacks I've coonfingered, probably because it's a 9MM.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Want to sell it? That has been incredably hard for me to get, I can't find one anywhere?!?!:(

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    wilson made a kz 45 with holds ten rounds in the mag and isnt any wider then the standard 1911, its polymer, alot of space is wasted with the frame and grips on a standard 1911, i like double stack, wish they were all double stack.

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    I have a colt 1911 70s series slide target barrel and upgraded a couple of the insides then put it on a p14 frame shoots great but the grips are not for the small handed crowd.

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    That's a very interesting gun, may have to take a look at one. Thanks for posting.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Want to sell it? That has been incredably hard for me to get, I can't find one anywhere?!?!:(

There are almost always a few on Gunbroker, and the new models should be coming out in the next few months. I like my TCM, I also have a Rock Island double stack in .45 and there is a night and day difference in shooting the two. For a double stack 1911 in .45 I wouldn't have any problem recommending a Rock Island, mine has been a very good gun. I wish I could say the same for my Para P12, about which it has become obvious that the P stands for paperweight.

I tried a G21 and got rid of it. Good gun, but like wearing a good pair of shoes that don't fit. Tried Springfields, but they never did it for me either, might look into an M&P, limited capacity but I like the feel better than the other polys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Para Limited 14.45 and the Limited 16.40 are great pistols. I really enjoy them. After waiting months for a custom shop springfield target pistol, it came in the same week I bought the Para. With every brand of ammo in the shop, the Para shot the same very tight groups as the Springfield. Pretty impressive for a production pistol to be as good as a custom shop pistol (that was very good).

My son can ring steel at 100 yds. with my P-14 Limited. I can on occasion but his eyes are better. This gun is one of the best "Shooters" I own and I own many 1911's.

Top Bottom