• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've been shooting .40 for years (InterArms Firestar, then S&W M&P). Recently I bought a .45 Taurus 1911. Took them both to the range. The M&P because that's my EDC. And the 1911 because it was new. Bought 2 boxes for each, same brand.
    The 1911 wasn't cycling right, and the cases were splitting. Went back to the counter, guy looks at the gun, looks at the back of the brass.
    Duh, I put the .40 in the 1911. I felt like a damm noobie, and I've been shooting over 30 years.
    I'm glad you posted this, made me feel better.

fenderpbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Evansville
    I've seen some pretty nasty guns that have blown up from the wrong ammo in them. Barrels that looked like an exploding cigar in the movies. Dots on the mags is a good idea.

joemich1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    First I'm glad you did not get hurt, how long do you figure it will take to live this one down. The funny part is you took it to a gun shop...haha..def something I would have done. I hope after the blood left your face you had a good laugh!

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I did this a couple years ago in my wifes SA XD SC. It actually fired most of the rounds, only had a few FTE before I started questioning what was wrong.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's why I label all my mags with the gun model, caliber, and capacity. It's no guarantee If I'm not paying attention, but I have to be not paying attention to a lot more stuff to get it wrong.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    First I'm glad you did not get hurt, how long do you figure it will take to live this one down. The funny part is you took it to a gun shop...haha..def something I would have done. I hope after the blood left your face you had a good laugh!

I laugh now but the bad part is I have to go back down there today :n00b:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm sure gun store operators see stuff like that all the time. If gun stores could come together and write a book, I'd bet it would be a hilarious read. At least you didn't go in there and start with, "Hey, why did you jerks sell me this piece of crap!" :laugh:

That would make an interesting book, or at least a good blog. I'd love to read a compilation of the stories of survived idiocy. When my son got his pilots license, I bought him a copy of 'I Learned About Flying From That'. It's a bunch of stories that pilots own up to when they are lucky to survive their own idiocy. It's an excellent read and it would be great to see something like that in the gun world.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I shot .40 in my Springfield 1911 45
    Once.
    It split and did not extract.
    No damage except for my pride.
    I too keep the casing on my desk.
    picture.php

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    All my 380 boxes now have 380 wrote in big black letters on all 6 sides glad to hear I'n not the only one helps the ego a little.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have seen several people do this at the range with various calibers.
    Cool of you to out yourself and maybe prevent someone else from doing the same. Glad to hear nothing worse happened. :ingo:

hntrdav

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Madison county
    I know a gun shop owner who shot about 10 rounds of .308 through a 30-06 before he figured out what was wrong. The brass was straight walled when they came out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom