• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    So the wife and I were out late last night dumpster diving when we were stopped my Muncie LEOs, you man can't remember his name. I let him know what we were doing and that we were NOT trying to break in through the dumpster and let him know that I was carrying on my left hip and a knife in my right pocket. I was told to turn around, hands in the air (in a nice manner) while he disarmed me (which I had to show him how to use a thumb break for a lefty lol) and he proceeded to fully unload my glock, run a check on myself, my carry permit and my firearm. Let me go but made me sit in my truck with my unloaded glock while he brought my rounds and mag to me and informed me not to "load up" until I was long gone. I'm sure he could've ticketed me or worse for dumpster diving but was the disarming and what followed necessary after he found I was not a threat and had no prior or warrants?

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Seems like everything was in order. You were checked, not harassed and were on your way. Win, win.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I'm not mad about it, just curious if every LEO would've disarmed me and tell me not to reload until I'm gone. With everything going on nowadays I think he handled it quite well especially since I made him nervous and his backup didn't show for almost 10 minutes.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'm not mad about it, just curious if every LEO would've disarmed me and tell me not to reload until I'm gone. With everything going on nowadays I think he handled it quite well especially since I made him nervous and his backup didn't show for almost 10 minutes.
    FWIW..I would be nervous just being out late at night D-diving.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    FWIW..I would be nervous just being out late at night D-diving.

Lol, that's why I carry...I almost drew on a racoon the other night! Usually never go to the area I did, officer said they had some break ins lately, and I probably woke him up at 2 am lol. I pulled reserve duties several years ago, I remember working 12 hr shifts on nights with nothing to do. Now I work at a prison on 12 hour day shifts with nothing to do lol

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Forget about the cop stuff - did you find any good stuff?

Yeah, some "damaged" Yankee candles (those **** things are expensive), a couple video games at gamestop. I don't go for food like a lot of people look at it as, I feel sorry for those that do.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Seems like everything was in order. You were checked, not harassed and were on your way. Win, win.
    Sorry, but I don't see it that way.
    if the op told the officer he had a license to carry handgun and showed it to him, there is NO reason to be disarmed unless the officer believes he was committing or about to commit a crime.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    if the op told the officer he had a license to carry handgun and showed it to him, there is NO reason to be disarmed unless the officer believes he was committing or about to commit a crime.

That's kind of what I thought and was my actual question. His pat search was horrible, which could mean he didn't feel threatened but I could've had an ankle or IWB holster on and he wouldn't have known

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    That's kind of what I thought and was my actual question. His pat search was horrible, which could mean he didn't feel threatened but I could've had an ankle or IWB holster on and he wouldn't have known

Wait, what? He patted you down? This gets better and better...please tell me he took the wallet

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Some cities it is a crime to dumpster dive.

Top Bottom