• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    When you invoke the Fifth Amendment under oath, you aren't saying, "I don't feel like talking right now," you're saying, "If I answer what you've asked, I'll be admitting to a criminal act."

No. It means 'No matter what answer I might give you could tend to somehow incriminate me.' Far too often people assume it is a shelter for wrongdoers. She is a wrongdoer, but she has the right not to self-incriminate under our body of law. If we had a government that respected its duty not to shirk the truth or try to eliminate evidence, her testimony would be rendered less than irrelevant. Then again, if we had a government that respected its duty to uphold and faithfully execute the law, this entire charade would be irrelevant, as would most executive agencies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I read the bombshell email and thought, "that's it?" Not the reaction or the evidence I have been waiting for.

We have evidence that partisan hacks are using the power and authority of the Internal Revenue Service--one of the most powerful agencies in the United States government, including making criminal referrals to DoJ based on political priorities, for political purposes and the INGOtarian response is to yawn?

We have learned a lot by this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I say "keep digging" because none of this confirms any form of scandal.

It is not shocking that she doesn't like the GOP. Its not evidence of a crime. She's not even wrong.

This just makes the issue look petty and lacking substance.

I was also let down a bit by that email. It's not the big bombshell I thought it would be. However, I do agree with Kirk that it does show she has a pretty deep disdain for Republicans. But without stronger evidence to go along with it, it's not a lot more than fodder for the believer's ire.

I realize we are playing by the INGO Rules of Evidence, which are nuttier than a Ron Paul speech, but evidence of the head of the IRS using the IRS as a weapon against her political opponents is a scandal.

A President was nearly impeached over this exact issue.

1. She cannot use her position in the government to attack her political enemies.

2. Most Americans do not work as head of the IRS.

Lerner sought IRS audit of sitting GOP senator, emails show | Fox News

It exposes that L.L. actions were not a mistake and motivated by politics, which in her position as head of the IRS is impermissible.

Those on INGO are not head of the IRS.

Neither is/was L.L.

She was a department head. Not the head of the IRS. Other than that, I agree.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    They haven't found a smoking gun...yet. The emails do show a startling lack of education, and that alone should justify removing her from office. I'm not sure that someone who can barely form a sentence should be in charge of the most powerful agency on earth.

It also shows that her attitude toward Republicans and conservatives goes deeper than just disagreeing with them. That should not be tolerated either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They haven't found a smoking gun...yet. The emails do show a startling lack of education, and that alone should justify removing her from office. I'm not sure that someone who can barely form a sentence should be in charge of the most powerful agency on earth.

It also shows that her attitude toward Republicans and conservatives goes deeper than just disagreeing with them. That should not be tolerated either.

I think the email helps establish that she's an ideologue, which one would need to be to justify doing what she's accused of doing.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    No, it doesn't.

Like most Americans, she has political opinions. Duh. That's why she went into politics.

It exposes nothing about the alleged corruption. Lots of people say worse things on INGO, it doesn't mean they are secretly committing crimes.

For months we've been hearing about these emails. This is a letdown.

Being an employee of the IRS is 'going into politics'?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    No. It means 'No matter what answer I might give you could tend to somehow incriminate me.' Far too often people assume it is a shelter for wrongdoers. She is a wrongdoer, but she has the right not to self-incriminate under our body of law. If we had a government that respected its duty not to shirk the truth or try to eliminate evidence, her testimony would be rendered less than irrelevant. Then again, if we had a government that respected its duty to uphold and faithfully execute the law, this entire charade would be irrelevant, as would most executive agencies.

I'm not anti fifth amendment, and I understand she has the same rights as everyone else. Yet when a government official invokes the fifth to another branch of government who is investigating wrongdoing, taking the fifth is covering up that wrongdoing. The fact that she has a right to cover it up to protect herself shouldn't be neutral to an investigator or an observer. It just means she's not going to tell what she did that might incriminate her, so we'll have to find it out some other way or go pound sand. If you don't see that as a scandal, which is my point, I don't know what you think a scandal is.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    She only took the 5th after asserting her innocence. You can't testify on your own behalf and then refuse to answer questions. She should have been forced to answer questions or spend time in a cage until she decided to answer them.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    She only took the 5th after asserting her innocence. You can't testify on your own behalf and then refuse to answer questions. She should have been forced to answer questions or spend time in a cage until she decided to answer them.

Exactly. You can't walk in, give a self-righteous, self-serving diatribe, and then invoke the 5th. You waived that right when you opened your trap.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I'm not anti fifth amendment, and I understand she has the same rights as everyone else. Yet when a government official invokes the fifth to another branch of government who is investigating wrongdoing, taking the fifth is covering up that wrongdoing. The fact that she has a right to cover it up to protect herself shouldn't be neutral to an investigator or an observer. It just means she's not going to tell what she did that might incriminate her, so we'll have to find it out some other way or go pound sand. If you don't see that as a scandal, which is my point, I don't know what you think a scandal is.

Oh, she's guilty as sin, but we can determine that from more than her silence. We can look at those emails the IRS has so incompetently been trying to wipe off the face of the planet, for one. Someone's refusal to answer is in some way an answer, yes, but it's an answer that is of little to no use by itself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If she wasn't guilty of a crime why would she go wiping away evidence and plead the 5th? If I'm innocent of a crime I comply and give my information to prove my innocence, not silence. Lerner is just as scum as most politicians, she didn't get that position by being a good guy.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If she wasn't guilty of a crime why would she go wiping away evidence and plead the 5th? If I'm innocent of a crime I comply and give my information to prove my innocence, not silence. Lerner is just as scum as most politicians, she didn't get that position by being a good guy.

0-50 in 12 hours? Is that a record?:popcorn:

Top Bottom