• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Dude's gotta be exhausted. I wouldn't expect much more today.:faint:
    I'm back actually. I've been following the forums for a while and spend more times on them than the classifieds. Just saw something I wanted and gave into making an account and have nothing holding me back from participating in the forums now. :+1: for what INGO offers and hopefully they are never targeted by Lois Lerner.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Drip, drip, drip;
    - It was a few rogue employees
    - It was only confined to one office
    - It was all low level staff
    - Management were unaware
    - There was no organized targeting
    - No one was singled out because of their political views
    - There isn't a smidgen of corruption
    - The head of the department responsible refuses to testify before Congress
    - An Obama contributor is appointed to head an investigation
    - Email correspondence from Ms. Lerner cannot be found because her hard drive crashed
    - Records show that Federal rules for data retention were not followed
    - Email correspondence from others involved in this affair also cannot be located because of similar hard drive crashes
    - The IRS refuse to say what back up systems were in place

I'm sorry but even the most forgiving person should see that there are far too many events that just conveniently happened to attempt to stymie any investigation. And as the investigation has continued the excuses just keep rolling out, so we're left with an organisation that is at best wholly incompetent and at worst being used as a political weapon.

A cynic would say that the IRS is the ideal way to target your enemies. They can force lots of disclosure upon those being audited, they have significant civil, criminal, financial penalties that they can inflict upon anyone they determine to have broken their rules, and everyone as to deal with them for the rest of their natural lives (and the estate possibly after). Their influence cannot be avoided. I can't think of a government agency wielding soft power more effectively across multiple spectrum.

Lest we forget that the IRS also admitted to leaking donor lists to political opponents of those being targeted. This is a Federal crime - to date no IRS employee has been questioned as part of a criminal investigation.

While the emails are not the smoking gun that many had believed they do point to a certain hostility towards people who held different political views to her own. Most people would like to think that the Federal Government would treat them dispassionately and simply in accordance with whatever unfathomable rules they enforce. The fact that a government agency could be used to target people of a particular political persuasion, as is being investigated in this instance, should chill us all to the core regardless of where on the political spectrum we stand.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom