• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Depending on the day, Spartan CQB Tool, Spartan Phrike, Spartan Horkos, Emerson LaGriffe, Clinch Pick, Okuden OSK, ESEE Izula, Gryphon M10 or M35, Mick Strider SLCC, Spyderco Reverse or Street Bowie? Again, depends on day, and dress, but I generally have 2small fixed and a couple of folders handy about my person.(Like knives more than guns?)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    ESEE Izula with micarta handles. I carry it in my purse. Very handy and an easy way to show future customers how easy a small fixed blade is to carry. :rockwoot:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I've carried a SOG Seal pup in a custom Kydex sheath and a Becker/ESEE EsKaBar (BK14), both OWB behind my pistol at about 4:00. The SOG is a great blade (picked up from another member, grunt soldier) but is pretty much defensive only. The BK14 is in a fairly crummy factory sheath and has been a necker and buschraft blade. I have Izula 1 scales on it, which aren't my favorite but it does make the knife usable.

Even when I carried a fixed blade EDC, I really never used it. I know it's better to have and need than need and not have, but I haven't really found (nor have I looked super hard) the right solution. I may one day go to a ESEE 3 or 4 someday, but my Mora/modded Ontario 12" machete works wonders for me outdoors so I don't really need to spend the money. (I know, responsible, right?)

And that rig is slick Jay!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I've carried a SOG Seal pup in a custom Kydex sheath and a Becker/ESEE EsKaBar (BK14), both OWB behind my pistol at about 4:00. The SOG is a great blade (picked up from another member, grunt soldier) but is pretty much defensive only. The BK14 is in a fairly crummy factory sheath and has been a necker and buschraft blade. I have Izula 1 scales on it, which aren't my favorite but it does make the knife usable.

Even when I carried a fixed blade EDC, I really never used it. I know it's better to have and need than need and not have, but I haven't really found (nor have I looked super hard) the right solution. I may one day go to a ESEE 3 or 4 someday, but my Mora/modded Ontario 12" machete works wonders for me outdoors so I don't really need to spend the money. (I know, responsible, right?)

And that rig is slick Jay!

Thanks you sir!! I made that two years ago and I carry it everyday. One of these days I'll make a double mag holder with the knife too. Just haven't had the time.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I have one each of these neck knives, and favor the bowie lately.
    resampler.aspx?type=big&src=CR2387.jpg a17-cr2387.jpg
    They are very unobtrusive and the grip is fantastic.
    Not to be confused for defensive knives, unless it's all you have.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have one each of these neck knives, and favor the bowie lately.
    View attachment 52866 View attachment 52867
    They are very unobtrusive and the grip is fantastic.
    Not to be confused for defensive knives, unless it's all you have.

I just got the latest version of the minimalist, the spear point one.

692150.jpg

This one was actually designed with defensive use in mind.I saw an interview of the designer talking about it.

It comes with a belt clip loop thingy to give you multiple carry options with a belt, in addition to the neck carry.

2384K-minimalist-duo-sheath-clip-in-box-web_large7_787_c097e67f-bc33-48cb-b8ef-987825d27535_large.jpg

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I just got the latest version of the minimalist, the spear point one.

692150.jpg

This one was actually designed with defensive use in mind.I saw an interview of the designer talking about it.

It comes with a belt clip loop thingy to give you multiple carry options with a belt, in addition to the neck carry.

2384K-minimalist-duo-sheath-clip-in-box-web_large7_787_c097e67f-bc33-48cb-b8ef-987825d27535_large.jpg

I wear it horizontally by my belt buckle facing my strong hand. If you don't tuck your shirt in it is completely unnoticeable and ultra-handy. I wear it everywhere.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wear it horizontally by my belt buckle facing my strong hand. If you don't tuck your shirt in it is completely unnoticeable and ultra-handy. I wear it everywhere.

It's the setup im trying now.Easier to reach than a neck knife.
    Easy to acess with the left hand using a reverse grip too.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I prefer my EDC to be a unitasker. It's there for one purpose and the primary EDC is on my centerline. I will keep a Benchmade SOCP Dagger like the one BWframe posted earlier in one of my front pockets.

If I need to open a box or letter, I'll use my Kershaw Whirlwind from a back pocket.

This is pretty close to what I have on at the moment ...

15401013_1283865591689129_2242248280329105406_n.jpg

Just add a mag carrier on the other side of the knife and make that holster accommodate a Surefire WML.

For those interested, the knife is a Colonel Blade Lo Vz

005-four-wheeler-gear-guide-overlanding-camping-exploring-adventure-bravo-company-colonel-blade-knife-steel.jpg

I have also carried a Tops Devils Elbow in the past.

large_6728_TOPS-Devils-Elbow-XL-DEV01-02.jpg

Another favorite from years past when I carried a neck knife more frequently was the Ayoob Razorback ...

MOD503_large_.jpg
    is the Colonel Blade the new BCM offering?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I agree with Wild Deuce .... my EDC is a self-defense unitasker. For simpler tasks, I'll just use a small Leatherman that's carried in my pocket.

Currently, this is my favorite. I carry it at a cant at about 10 O'clock, and since I'm left-handed, it draws naturally in the correct position.
    (and yes, I have a trainer that's almost identical)

i-MLNjtSk-L.jpg
    i-LvdNmrb-L.jpg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I prefer my EDC to be a unitasker. It's there for one purpose and the primary EDC is on my centerline. I will keep a Benchmade SOCP Dagger like the one BWframe posted earlier in one of my front pockets.

If I need to open a box or letter, I'll use my Kershaw Whirlwind from a back pocket.

This is pretty close to what I have on at the moment ...

15401013_1283865591689129_2242248280329105406_n.jpg

Just add a mag carrier on the other side of the knife and make that holster accommodate a Surefire WML.

For those interested, the knife is a Colonel Blade Lo Vz

I have also carried a Tops Devils Elbow in the past.

Another favorite from years past when I carried a neck knife more frequently was the Ayoob Razorback ...

Ive also been carrying the colonel blade. Worth the price. Do you like that G code belt? Is it worth the wait?

Top Bottom