• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I e-filed several form 1's in the Sept, Oct, Nov time frame last year and all were turned around in about 30 days. I filed another one on Jan 25 and it took seven weeks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Got word today that mine was disapproved because I accidentally put my name instead of the trust name in the Maker box. :facepalm: I called and was told that there was no way to fix this simple mistake and that my only option was start from scratch and re-submit and pay the tax again.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Got word today that mine was disapproved because I accidentally put my name instead of the trust name in the Maker box. :facepalm: I called and was told that there was no way to fix this simple mistake and that my only option was start from scratch and re-submit and pay the tax again.

Bummer. Will they at least refund the original $200?

Bright side, maybe some awesome compliance parts will hit the market in the next 60 days!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Oh, man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Oh, man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks. It was totally my fault and I should have known better but I have to admit that filling in the box on the E Form instead of an actual Form 1 is why I screwed it up...I simply didn't realize what I was doing wrong at the time. I do find that it is a crock that they won't be able to fix this simple mistake and instead automatically issue a refund of the $200 tax paid and tell you that you have to start from scratch. Aside from being disappointing and annoying, that seems very very inefficient.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks. It was totally my fault and I should have known better but I have to admit that filling in the box on the E Form instead of an actual Form 1 is why I screwed it up...I simply didn't realize what I was doing wrong at the time. I do find that it is a crock that they won't be able to fix this simple mistake and instead automatically issue a refund of the $200 tax paid and tell you that you have to start from scratch. Aside from being disappointing and annoying, that seems very very inefficient.

These are the same guys that take months to fix mistakes that THEY make, so it doesn't surprise me.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield

Read your post, so I looked at my eform to make sure I didn't do the same thing. I didn't, but i'd originally included "NFA" in my trust title, then later removed "NFA" from the name of the trust. I forgot to change the licensee name to the revised trust name, without "NFA" if that makes sense. I was hoping to be approved any day now. Hopefully the don't catch it. If they do, I'll be asking myself if it's worth another 2-3 month wait.

My problem is sort of in the same wheel house as yours. I'll be crossing my fingers, we'll see how this goes.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Bummer. Will they at least refund the original $200?

Yes and typically takes about a month to receive it. For the maker I've always put my name in this format and gotten approved...

"John Smith (Trustor)"

Fill out a new Form 1 and send Ted Clutter an email with the following info taken from the new Form 1 and the denied Form 1...
    serial # of the firearm
    old id #
    new id #
    old permit #
    new permit #
    Ted will then email you back within 24 hours and have approved your new Form 1.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Read your post, so I looked at my eform to make sure I didn't do the same thing. I didn't, but i'd originally included "NFA" in my trust title, then later removed "NFA" from the name of the trust. I forgot to change the licensee name to the revised trust name, without "NFA" if that makes sense. I was hoping to be approved any day now. Hopefully the don't catch it. If they do, I'll be asking myself if it's worth another 2-3 month wait.

My problem is sort of in the same wheel house as yours. I'll be crossing my fingers, we'll see how this goes.

If you get denied, follow the steps I just posted and Ted will have you approved without waiting the 2-3 months.

Top Bottom