• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I certainly believe in freedom of speech, but if you can list a single "pro" for defending law enforcement, you don't belong in high school (teacher or student), you need to go back to kindergarten and play with finger paint.
    I'll not even address the absolute disrespect shown to this young man or the fallen officer.
    I'd like that teacher to throw her creds up and see how her's stack up against Officer Shahnavaz's.
    I have lost so much respect for educators in the last few years. I know there are good ones out there but they're being shadowed by the really bad ones and no one is screaming to defund them.

Your 1st sentence, I assume you meant "but if you can't list a single ..."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This guy is due to be interviewed on Hammer and Nigel, reportedly at 4:30pm...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This guy is due to be interviewed on Hammer and Nigel, reportedly at 4:30pm...

From the first link:

"Marina Gibson, a 26-year-old ELA teacher and the sponsor for the mental-health club for Fishers high school"

WTF is a "mental health club"? And should insane people be leading it?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't disagree, but it doesn't say much for the teacher's sense of presence to not understand her student's tragedy.

Might have been an appropriate time to update last years display?

The whole separate argument is why a defund the police statement was allowed in the first place? That's political bull :poop: that shouldn't be hanging in a tax funded educational facility ever anyway?
    ...and I don't disagree with you, but a little historical context- politicizing the classroom is nothing new.

In 4th grade (1980), we had a mock election between Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan with kids debating on their behalf. Carter won handily.

In 6th grade (1982-83) we went through a whole "no nukes" phase in the school. This was all in rural SW Michigan. Proud to say that I was among the outliers in both cases.

Politics in school is a tough one as the kids should be taught government, but they should not be led to take sides...we were. It's not good, but it's nothing new.

Top Bottom