• ...and so much more!
  • IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Emerson CQC8 is here!!

IIRC there are some Emerson knife owners here.
    I am considering a CQC-8 or a Super CQC-8 with the plain black blade. I had been looking really hard at the CQC-15 because of the CQC-7/Commander blade but I dont think the handle would be for me. The latest run of the M wave is pretty nice but was at full Emerson MSRP. The "claw of death" is also on my list but will come later :spend:

So what Emerson do you have and how did you decide?

Last edited:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Commander, CQC8 (my favorite) modified to tip down carry. The only one in my defensive battery is the K-bit worn reaction side in reverse grip.- George

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Still wanting an Emerson, but I don't own one. I think almost everyone with whom I spend time has one, though. Most are either Commanders, mini-Commanders, and one "stubby."

I like their products. Built tough, good, functional designs, and (usually) they arrive super sharp with an edge that will still slice (i.e. they don't polish it too much).

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I own two Emersons.. The first one i bought was a CQC-7 in 99'. The second was a Commander i got in 00'. Both knives have been carried alot and used Hard...!!! Great knives, built tough. You won't be dissappointed..!!!

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Love the 8, great knife. I think the Super 8 has a lot of potential and is a future purchase for me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a Commander, Commander and Karambit trainers. Still shopping for the Karambit and possibly a LaGriff.

Also have a pretty cool 1911 bushing wrench on my bag:
    BadIntentLarge.jpg

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Thanks. I have been doing some research on Bladeforums and USN as well. Is there a dealer in Indiana or have you guys been odering online from trustworthy sources like I am planning on doing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You might also consider the potential use for your knife when you choose which model. If it's going to be a utility knife, one of the plainer drop points might work better. If it's going to be a defensive tool, there's reason why the models with the recurved blades are popular ... the "belly" really makes them bite deeply when you slash, slice, draw cut, etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks. I have been doing some research on Bladeforums and USN as well. Is there a dealer in Indiana or have you guys been odering online from trustworthy sources like I am planning on doing.

I got my Commander at Store slow1911s is a good guy. The trainers came directly from Emerson, they were quite pricey.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I know that Pop Guns has some Emersons. And I believe that The gun store in Plainfield has some or at least they did..!! I picked one of mine up at the Indy 1500

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I carry my CQC-14 everyday and love it. The wave opener really gets people's attention, and they are amazed that it isn't an automatic or has some sort of assist (other than the wave, of course).

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Commander, M-Wave, Karambit and PUK. Commander is my EDC, carry the M-Wave on duty. Karambit is collecting dust and the PUK rides in my range bag(which is similar to collecting dust...).

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    You gotta love the WAVE feature..!!! Everytime i show someone that has never seen an Emerson with the wave they say " How did you do that "..!!! Then I just put back in my pocket and say " Magic "...!!!!

Top Bottom