• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Steve, why aren't you carrying that K-Bit weak side while working? And answer my damn e-mails:)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought my first emerson bakc in 2002 before deploying in early 2003. I bought a P-Sark and beat the hell out of that knife overseas. The knife was used for all kinds of work and stood up to the tasks. The wave feature is what sold me on the knife. That comes in handy. Getting a knife out and ready that quickly really makes eyes open and gets peoples attention.

I like that emerson uses regular head screws and not the hex head type. When in the field for extended times screws loosen and it's nice to not have to carry special tools.

I bought a CQC-10 not too long after getting home, but eventually sold it just because I didn't need a knife that tough for daily use. These days I carry a little swiss army knife, but if I need a tough knife I go to a drawer that is rarely opened and grab it.

Emerson knives are outstanding.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Midwest Gun Exchange is an authorized dealer for Emerson.They usually have the full line-up if you are looking to buy & have a website too.

My first Emerson was a '98 Commander that I gave to Paul Vunak after we got cert'd to teach his system.I didn't think much about it figuring I could get one just like it from Steve at MGE but I was wrong.Very unique build and the new ones are good but not like the '98!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I carry the horseman everyday strong side pocket. I will invest in a larger more "tac" one soon I am sure :). Honestly think I would love the kbit weak side as George mentioned but I will train that technique awhile first to see if I like it as it is more specialized than my current spyderco in my off side pocket.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    What I have seen from George and what I have done on my own, I sure wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of the kbit. Since this thread, I've been carrying mine off-duty again. Sorry Burl...;)

Last edited:

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    I ordered a CQC-8 BT last night and am still in the hunt for a Super 8 BT. There are Stonewashed or Satin Super combo blade available for $199-$219. I got a chance to spend some time on USN yesterday and today. I'm ScarredThumbs there as well as BladeForums and KnifeForums. Lurking right now but I will do my intro posts soon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Any other cheap and legit websites that carry emerson? Looking for the super 8.

slow1911s on here is an Emerson dealer. You can contact him at info@indygunracers.com. Here is the link to the part of his website where has gear for sale listed, including what he has in stock right now: Store.

Some of the people in this topic got their Emersons from him. If I ever muster the will to get one, it will be through him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom