• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is your gun store owned by the government? Maybe it's run by an Air Force Major Command headquarters staff? This kind of stuff sounds so familiar....

Often during my military career somebody would get the idea, especially just before a scheduled IG inpection, that property accountability was just a little too loosey-goosey and suddenly a barrage of local regulations and instructions would erupt. This resulted in stuff like me having to take my personal coffee cup that had my grade and name imprinted as part of the design (a gift from a previous assignment) and put a label on it marking it as "personal property."

Another good one was trying to declutter the walls of taped up cartoons and home made signs and whatnot by requiring everything on the wall to be in a frame. So some wiseass mid-level NCO would smile to himself and within a day or two every thermostat and light switch plate would have a frame around it.

AETC? I'd believe it. I was at HQ ACC 03-06, we were too busy for such buffoonery. Now base-level with an IG visit coming soon? Oh geeesh! I've seen the inside of roof vents painted and thumb tacks replaced by staples in bulletin boards because thumb tacks showed fingerprints. Taegu, Korea was the only IG inspection free of idiocy I ever saw.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well... new policy at the aforementioned establishment is no outside the waistband carrying (by employees) as it is too intimidating...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    But but the snowflakes will be a skerred! IMO Screw intimidating. I'd be more about access time. A perp will walk in with his gun out and pointed. The extra few seconds it takes to pull from cover can be a matter of life and death. Look at the timing of the good guy behind the counter in the pawn shop robbery video that's out right now. His timing was perfect.

Doesn't have to be CC. Just has to be IWB. :ugh:

Top Bottom