En masse, Connecticut gun owners defy registration law.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it's going to be interesting to BOTH sides how this turns out. In our society, laws depend on people obeying them which they do only when they are reasonable. For example the silly 55 mph national speed limit was ridiculous and nobody obeyed it. People voted with their cars until finally the foolishness of it got it changed.

So obviously the new "law" in CT made 100,000 - 350,000 people potential felons but there is no way the state can arrest, prosecute, and imprison even 100,000 people like this. When laws don't make any sense, and this one surely does NOT, people won't obey and the authorities are left in a quandary about what to do about it.

Here is what I believe we'll see happen:

1) They will pick a few high-profile targets and notify the media that a "major firearms offender" is going to be taken down. It'll be a big media spectacle and the police with arrive with full riot gear and overwhelming force. They certainly don't want a shoot-out but they will be ready just in case. The guy will be arrested and paraded around so there will be plenty of video for the evening news talking heads. In other words, they will make an EXAMPLE of a few in order to scare the rest into compliance.

2) Here is where it gets tricky for the police-state. If people are scared into compliance in sufficient numbers, then the tyrants in the CT government breath a sigh of relief and are emboldened to take their anti-gun agenda even further. But if of the 100,000 would-be felons only say 10,000 give up and turn in their "contraband" to avoid being the next "example" for the media, that still leaves 90,000 or more to deal with.

3) If the CT authorities let these people slide, they lose face so they are really stuck. We'll probably see "amnesty" offerings and the like to try to get better compliance.

The problem with a big-liberal state like CT is that it seems unlikely that there are enough real citizens to vote these clown out of office. I know if I lived there I'd be moving out already.

Simple solution is for 100,000 gun owners to show up doing open carry and demand that they be arrested. And that the police target minority communities for house to house searches and violate democrat voters.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Simple solution is for 100,000 gun owners to show up doing open carry and demand that they be arrested. And that the police target minority communities for house to house searches and violate democrat voters.

I would love to see that! A crowd that large would get a lot of attention, and attract plenty of nonresidents for reinforcements too!

Top Bottom