Et tu, Steak n' Shake? Ejected for OC...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would have made a big deal about giving the girl a big tip since it's not fair that her manager stole the money out of her pocket by refusing service to a law abiding citizen.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I have been to that very Steak and Shake on Ireland several times while OC. Never had a problem. Even had one waitress ask me about it once. We had a 5 minute conversation about owning/carrying a gun and she said she was going to look into getting her LTCH. Very unfortunate what happened to you. I'd be up for a OC event though. Love their chili!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So the employees were nervous about having a gun in the restaurant, unless of course if you were a LEO.
    Makes sense ... :rolleyes:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Sort of true! If the DM or corporate was told that OP was asked to leave for doing something totally legal, they would go APE $%##!! The right to refuse service is more for people being general A-holes. Sounds to me like he was talking with the family when he was asked to leave. Nothing A-hole like or illegal about it. He also need to bring INGO into it. If the word of 20,000 less potential customers reaches higher ears, there will be follow ups to this.

I worked in retail for almost two years before i went of to school. The company had no rule against firearms in the store, OC or CC. According to my manager, who has been with the company for years, if a manager asked someone to leave the store for OC, that manager can get into a LOT of trouble.

I have a feeling S&S may be the same way

I'm not trying to start an argument or get into a "¿Quien es mas macho?" discussion but I spent quite a bit of time in the restaurant industry, including as a manager. You can refuse service for any reason. They don't have to be acting inappropriately or doing something illegal.

The fallout might sting, and in this case the OP should contact corporate or the DM and inform them that 20,000 + people are waiting for their response.

Sneaky Snake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    I would have stated that no I most certainly do not have a problem with taking my gun out to the car. At that time me and my crew would have left and went some where else to eat. It is his prerogative to refuse service and it is my prerogative not to eat where my 2nd Amendment is not Honored. Have a Nice Day .

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Wish the retail store I work at felt that way. According to their hiring policies, employees cannot carry even if shopping off the clock on their day off AND they are not allowed to keep a gun locked in their car during working hours. Of course, I ignore both. I don't OC though when I go to shop or get my check, but I always CC.
    Umm, unless they (the employer) are on the DHS list, they cannot, I repeat CANNOT tell you that you cannot keep a firearm locked in your car... that's against IN State law, in fact, they cannot even ask you about firearms in your vehicle!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would have stated that no I most certainly do not have a problem with taking my gun out to the car. At that time me and my crew would have left and went some where else to eat. It is his prerogative to refuse service and it is my prerogative not to eat where my 2nd Amendment is not Honored. Have a Nice Day .

:welcome: to :ingo:

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne

First of all, welcome to IGO, Sneaky Snake!
    For whatever reason, you are a person of few posted words
    and good taste.

I am really impressed that the OP's friends left with him.
    That's the kind of friends to have,

Thanks

Mark

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Steak N Shake down here in Evansville doesn't mind OC. The greeter actually greets me as "the guy with the gun". I don't even eat there that often (MAYBE once a month usually once every 6-8 weeks) but somehow she remembers me.

Top Bottom