• Ever been robbed or mugged?

• Total voters

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    I never have been. There's been one time I thought I was about to be.

I was at the gas station in Indy next to the hospital and a man asked if he ould clean my windows for some money. I said fine, as I was on my way to the window (the inside was closed) to prepay. I got two singles and put them in my front right jacket pocket to pay him with. That way I don't have to get my wallet out, and my right hand will still be free when I go for the money later. As I'm pumping and he's cleaning, his friend appears and strikes up conversation.
    So, now I have Vehicle to the N. Pump to the S. Man to the E. And man to the W.
    It was at this point I said to myself, "damn, man. You just got mugged."
    I didn't yet have my LTCH because I was under the impression at the time one had to be at least 21. I had a bayonet on my belt, hidden under my jacket. Wasn't enough to make me feel confident in that situation. The man said he was finished and I took the two bucks from the safe pocket and prepared for what I was sure was going to happen next. The man gave a pff, rolled his eyes, turned and walked away. His friend then turned and walked the other way. Never went to that station again.

My girlfriend has a much better story, though. She was carjacked by a man who had escaped from prison and was on the run. She bailed out just before he wrecked the vehicle. So, I put in a vote for her. I don't want to post any more details as I don't know everything. She was returning to Indy with family from a vacation. They lost about everything in the vehicle by the ensuing fire.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Yes, twice, both pre license to carry. Once was a gang initiation to which several of the guys(bloods) were apprehended, the other was just a random event.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    "Other"

Occosted by two drunks, one with a knife (used in an attempt to intimidate--he didn't actually try to cut me with it) while on my way home from the library. This was in Ohio, before they passed their CCW permit law, before I got interested in guns, and before I was 18 so even if I were interested and they did have the CCW law I could not have been legally armed.

Once I took one of the guys' best shot--sucker punch to the face--and just stood their looking at him (I was so high on adrenaline that I didn't even feel it) the heart just went out of them and they ended up moving on.

Basically, I got lucky.

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    held up at gunpoint at work on wacker in downtown chicago.
    Had a dead body dropped off in the parking lot in cal -city Illinois
    Had 2 windows shoot out in cal-city Illinois
    House was attempted break in but I heard the guy and scared him off but he did have a knife and cut the hell out of my screen door and tried to jimmy sliding door open.
    Wife had a gun pointed at her at portillos in merrillville and told white *****es get shoot for driving slow.

Needless to say we are now armed and have organized a watch with our other now armed neighbors.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    While at 'A' school in the Navy, my last couple hours on base, a fellow shipmate (whom I didn't know) pick-pocketed me. I had over $400 in which I planned to spend (some) sight-seeing Memphis, TN for the weekend before flying home.

Instead, I spent the weekend sleeping on my sea (duffle) bag at the airport, while watching X-mas vacation a half dozen times and eating cookies that the USO set up.

While home, a Senior Chief contacted me that the wallet was found minus the cash. I got my wallet back, but only after my IDs were replaced. I used that wallet for close to 20 years total before replacing it.

"You can trust me with your life, but not your money nor your wife."

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Have you ever been the victim of an armed/aggressive robber or assailant?
    icon5.gif

Have you had your wallet stolen? Been demanded to empty a cash register? Been in the wrong place at the wrong time and witness a robbery?
    Share your stories. :ingo:

Poll is private.

I would say attempted/failed robberies should still be included in the poll, under which ever category it fits best.

NOTE: This doesn't really pertain to "burglars." This is for physical robberies where a robber demands something from somebody else, threatening violence or using violence. Try this other thread for things like that: INGO Poll: Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

{I think they were illegal} 6 guys tried to CAR JACK me, but I found out they were scared of the snake I pulled out of the glove box, a COLT PYTHON 357 MAGNUM:rockwoot:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was working at a grocery store 25 years ago around Christmas. I was standing on a shelving unit setting up a Christmas tree when two guys with ski masks and shotguns ran in and started yelling at everyone to get on the ground. They robbed the courtesy booth and all the registers and were leaving when they noticed me standing above them on this shelf. I obviously startled the one who saw me. He leveled his weapon on me quickly and screamed at me to get down which was tricky but I did it. I learned that you don't want to surprise someone with a gun. Also don't mess with a dog while they're eating. Just another piece of friendly advice.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Spent over six years behind the counters of convenience stores in all different areas of Ft. Wayne. Over four years of them as a store manager. I have more stories than I care to remember!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Many years ago I was walking to my car, and heard someone say "give me your cash"... I was pretty young, and it was dark in a neighborhood I knew well and from about six feet away he looked like someone I knew. Because of this, I thought he was a friend and joking... As I laughed, he walked closer and I realized he was not the person I mistook him for as I got pistol whipped on the side of my head. Pointing his gun at me, he again told me to give him my money... Being young and broke, my reply was "WHAT MONEY?!" (I literally did not even have change in my pocket).... He opened the door to my car, reached under the seat (looking for a gun maybe?) and then ran off down the street. The police never found him.

Now I own firearms.

Last edited:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I got mugged just off campus at IIT in Chicago, there's a police station there now instead of the McD's I got mugged at. 3 in the afternoon on Saturday with people all over. I didn't have a gun at the time but it wouldn't of mattered, there were 2 of them with guns and I didn't see either of them until the gun was in my face. The other stood off to the left behind me near a dumpster. Some times you just have to go along with it and hope you don't get shot.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I've told the story before somewhere on this forum...

About 30 years ago I worked in a small retail/service business. I was young and not situationally aware. A man came into the store, with his head turned to the side so that I could not see his face. I followed him around a display to offer help only to find he had pulled a nylon stocking over his face and had a 38 revolver pointed at me.

I raised my hands in shock and he grasped my right wrist and led me into the back where he had all three employees empty the contents of their wallets. As we were told to all go into the office the bosses wife and 6 year old daughter entered and were also told to enter the office. He then jammed a screw driver into the door jam and rifled the cash drawer. Told us not to try to get out for 5 minutes...

It was after that I applied for my LTCH, although to this day I'm not sure it would have changed anything as he had the drop on me.

Hard to forget seeing lead in a cylinder.

Top Bottom