• ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yep. :rolleyes:

The four safety rules dont apply if you own a Glock I guess, because nobody ever got shot by accident with one of those ... :n00b:
    I dont have enough purple ink for that post.

I have a friend that knew a guy that killed himself with a Glock on accident. The trigger got pressed while he was taking it out of his glove box, and the muzzle was pointed at his torso. You can be killed by one, but I still don't see how one could fire if dropped.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have a friend that knew a guy that killed himself with a Glock on accident. The trigger got pressed while he was taking it out of his glove box, and the muzzle was pointed at his torso. You can be killed by one, but I still don't see how one could fire if dropped.

:dunno:

All joking aside, I'd like to get back on topic please. If we can't do that I'll close the thread. If you want to debate drop safeties make your own thread. Danke.

Hurry up and close this thread OP!!!
    The close thread option is in the thread options tab at the top.
    (whoops, looks like that options is only available to site supporters)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I know you can be killed by a Glock, it was a sarcastic post.That's why you never point it at anything you are not willing to destroy.

You just dont point a gun at yourself, no matter if it's loaded or not, that one thing that you cant quite understand for some reasons. :n00b:

s_safetyrules.jpg

You see they apply to Glocks too.

It doesn't matter if a gun can fire when dropped or not, you follow those rules at all time and you will and the ones around you will be safe. :yesway:

Be willing to point a gun at yourself to prove that it's safe is just stupid and dangerous.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It's my understanding that for a dropped Glock to fire, it would take two parts failing; The tab on the striker and the trigger bar...

If this is incorrect, then please post correct info.

Otherwise, are you saying it is impossible to have a broken tab on the striker and a broken transfer bar at the same time?

*IF* these two parts are the only thing that (upon failing) would allow a dropped Glock to fire, what is the likelihood of the continued occurrence of "tossing them on the ground" possibly aiding in breaking those two pieces in your personal firearm?

If this ^ info regarding the inner-workings of the Glock is not accurate, in your opinion what internal parts would have to (simultaneously?) fail in order for a discharge to occur?

The firing pin block would need to be disengaged, which happens when the trigger is pulled, therefor the trigger safety would need to be disengaged as well. Even if the tab and the transfer bar broke, the striker would be held in place by the block safety.

So if the tab on the striker or disconnector breaks, the transfer bar breaks, the trigger safety breaks, the trigger falls, thus disengaging the firing pin block, it is possible that it will fire.

All of which is as close to impossible to actually happening as you can get. All of these things failing simultaneously is impossible in my firearm, because I maintain it, and inspect it on a regular basis.

So is it a fair statement, based on your post, to say; "Discharge when dropped is technically possible, although highly unlikely." ?

It would be, yes. Just as it is technically possible, although highly unlikely, to spontaneously combust.

Sorry everybody. I made a mistake. I left out an important detail. I wasn't thinking when I posted those.

I was wrong. It would still be impossible for it to fire, even if all those things break. It is a double action, and the striker would not have enough power to pop the primer, even if it was dislodged. The trigger has to be pulled to fully cock the striker. There is no conceivable way that it can go off if dropped.

So, in conclusion, there is no way that a current production, factory stock Glock handgun can discharge, unless the trigger is depressed.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sorry everybody. I made a mistake. I left out an important detail. I wasn't thinking when I posted those.

I was wrong. It would still be impossible for it to fire, even if all those things break. It is a double action, and the striker would not have enough power to pop the primer, even if it was dislodged. The trigger has to be pulled to fully cock the striker. There is no conceivable way that it can go off if dropped.

So, in conclusion, there is no way that a current production, factory stock Glock handgun can discharge, unless the trigger is depressed.

And yet it happened, amazing. :rolleyes:

beachhead40

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    North Of Indy
    Long story short, dad's craptastic Fobus dropped the 5906 hammer first on the concrete sidewalk :n00b: Talk about scary as all get out! Took it apart and function tested it and everything works like it is supposed to. Good thing S&W made the 5906 a tank.

Anyone have experiences dropping a gun? Anyone have any stories about Fobus holsters? Also, anyone have a recommendation on a kydex type of OWB holster with some sort retention for a 5906? It has to be able to be taken off easily like a Fobus.

Any French Soldiers here????

sorry had too :patriot:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Many years ago, my younger cousin (we were kids back then) and I were taking an old high standard 9 shot 22 revolver out to shoot it. He was holding it by the holster and when he put it down by his side, he dumped it right out on the cement. It didn't seem to hurt it and we shot it a lot after that. Then several years later, I was shooting it and one time when I shot it, the whole front half just fell off on the ground. Broke off top and bottom right ahead of the cylinder. I think it was cracked from the drop years before. I liked that gun.

Top Bottom