• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Surprising how little ammo people carry.To each his own I guess.

I personally carry my G21 with 2 extras.Something about having 40 rounds of 230gr .45 hollow points just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.Soon I'll be buying another extra mag and putting the Kriss extension on it so that I have an extra 25 rounder in my EDC bag...along with the extra box of 100 fmjs...and the fully loaded 1911 with two spares for it...

Some of my family members say that I'm too prepared,but they know who to call when the zombies come.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Always 2 + 1 in the well. I am reminded of the LEO that went through what he had on him and was down to his last couple of rounds before the bad guy went down. He just kept taking the hits.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    15 rd G-22 full size backs up whatever Glock .40 (G-22/23/27) I am carrying, I would rather have a spare and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Always! I like the idea of plenty of ammo for any occasion but even more important a quick firm mag change can solve a lot of malfunctions. I also think magazines are (if they fail) the easiest part to replace in "the heat of the moment" so a spare makes sense.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I used to carry two spare mags. But them I started carrying a knife and a flashlight and all the extra weight and crap hanging on my belt started to get uncomfortable. Now I still carry at least one spare mag and a knife on my belt and moved the flashlight into my pocket.

rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    Hmm. I guess I'm at a school of thought that if I can't do it with 17 rounds in the first magazine..I might be doing something wrong.. that and I haven't picked up a second magazine

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I keep one on my bike's saddle bag, car, briefcase, and my Maxpedition bags, just in case I don't remember to put one in my pocket.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Just started carrying one extra. The extra rounds are nice but the main reason I started carrying an extra mag is in case of malfunction.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I primarily carry a S&W 642 snubbie. It's only got 5 rounds so I definitely feel like I need to have a speed strip or two with me with an additional 5rds each. When I carry my G26 I don't take an extra mag with me because I've got 10.

I work in an office and in a drawer next to a med kit is an extra glock mag. In the car outside is anything else I could ever need & use.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hmm. I guess I'm at a school of thought that if I can't do it with 17 rounds in the first magazine..I might be doing something wrong...

Maybe, but should "doing something wrong" be a voluntary death sentence?

S&W M&P 9c, 12+1 in the gun, an extra 17 in a spare mag.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I started carrying a spare g17 mag in a Desantis pocket holster after i took Fighting Pistol in Camden. They definately woke me up to packing an extra in case the mag in your gun fails. Plus sometimes its faster to fix a malfunction with a different mag.

Top Bottom