• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    [FONT=&quot]"Me? I think all of that is a load of gun school crap. I train and teach to shoot them to the ground. Beginning at the chest I shoot a burst to the chest and run the line up til I get to the face.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Winning their hearts and minds....Suarez style."[/FONT]
    ~ ([FONT=&quot]Gabe Suarez)[/FONT]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."

John F. Kennedy
    Speech in Indianapolis, April 12, 1959

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    "What is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good - need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."
    - Yi Sunshin

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    - Genghis Khan to the Hadjis

Civilization has affected us. We abhor personal encounter. Many a man will risk his life, with an easy mind, in a burning house, who would recoil from having his nose punched. We have been taught restraint from our emotions, to look upon anger as low, until many of us have never experienced the God sent ecstasy of unbridled wrath. We have never ... See Morefelt our eyes screw up, our temples throb, and have never had the red mist gather in our sight. But, we expect that a man shall, in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, to divest himself of all restraint, of all caution, and hurl himself upon the enemy, a frenzied beast, lusting to probe his enemy's guts with three feet of steel or to shatter his brain with a bullet. Gentlemen, it cannot be done with mental practice. Therefore you must school yourselves in savagery. You must imagine how it will feel when your sword hilt crashes into the breastbone of your enemy. _ Gen. Patton

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear." - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106 BC-43 BC

"I didn't know I had been raped until the check bounced." -Unknown Prostitute

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907

[FONT=&quot]'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]~ (Theodore Roosevelt 1907)
    [/FONT]

:+1:

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading; The few who learn by observation; The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. "

Will Rogers

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    "Money talks, the bigger it is the louder it talks"

You can understand everything about how government works at all levels by remembering this phrase.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    My new sig line is one of my favorites. I have an ancestor who marched with Sherman to the sea, so especially around memorial day Sherman quotes hold new meaning.

This is a longer one but I really like this one as well.

... We rode out of Atlanta by the Decatur road, filled by the marching troops and wagons of the Fourteenth Corps; and reaching the hill, just outside of the old rebel works, we naturally paused to look back upon the scenes of our past battles. We stood upon the very ground whereon was fought the bloody battle of July 22d, and could see the copse of wood where McPherson fell. Behind us lay Atlanta, smouldering and in ruins, the black smoke rising high in air, and hanging like a pall over the ruined city. Away off in the distance, on the McDonough road, was the rear of Howard's column, the gun-barrels glistening in the sun, the white-topped wagons stretching away to the south; and right before us the Fourteenth Corps, marching steadily and rapidly, with a cheery look and swinging pace, that made light of the thousand miles that lay between us and Richmond. Some band, by accident, struck up the anthem of "John Brown's soul goes marching on;" the men caught up the strain, and never before or since have I heard the chorus of "Glory, glory, hallelujah!" done with more spirit, or in better harmony of time and place.
    – William T. Sherman , Memoirs of General W.T. Sherman, Chapter 21

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good
    of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
    under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.
    The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~CS Lewis

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Not profound, or insight full, and really just a lie. But cracks me up every time I hear it.

Most profound in the last 100 years:

Miss quoted, will find the right version and requote.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission".

I'm not sure who wrote it, but I sure use this theory when I come home with a new gun.

Top Bottom