• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've got a 229 with a threaded .22 upper for shooting suppressed with the kiddies, a .40 upper for self defense, a .375 barrel just for the cool factor. Now if only I could find a threaded 9mm conversion barrel I'd have the big 4 rounded out.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I've tried some Underwood 124 Gr +P+ and those things really boom out of my Glock 19. I'm seriously considering switching to these for carry rounds.
    I currently switch between Cor Bon and Gold Dots. I must admit that the Gold Dots are some very accurate rounds.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Why cant they just have minimum caliber requirements and carry their own weapons like some local PDs? Sheesh! They change guns and calibers almost as much as ISP.

That would just make too much sense. Let everyone decide what to carry, pay a set amount for their gun allowance, and then a monthly stipend for training ammo. Set a minimum standard for energy ratings and go from there. We all know that what is great for one, just may not be possible for others.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why cant they just have minimum caliber requirements and carry their own weapons like some local PDs? Sheesh! They change guns and calibers almost as much as ISP.

That would just make too much sense. Let everyone decide what to carry, pay a set amount for their gun allowance, and then a monthly stipend for training ammo. Set a minimum standard for energy ratings and go from there. We all know that what is great for one, just may not be possible for others.

This was touched on earlier but, Most departments (especially Federal) will never allow the use of personal firearms as far as in a primary role any more. The reasons are several, such as manual of arms (you can pick up another incapacitated partners gun and know how it works if yours goes down, use their mags if they are incapacitated etc etc etc. Remember most are not gun folks so those will only know what they qualify on) then there is the whole department legal deal where they want everyone using standardized ammo and most Federal LE qualify and practice on the same JHP load that they use for duty, also parts and armorer support so the firearms are always within whatever departmental specs they require and as mentioned most are not gun guys or girls that way the guns will work when they need them to. Also remember most Federal LE go TDY nationwide several times a year for investigations etc etc etc.

There is a whole laundry list of other reasons.Agree with it or not just remember in most agencies FBI = Federal BUREAU of Investigation, BOP= BUREAU of Prisons BLM= BUREAU of Land Management etc etc etc and BUREAU is short for BUREAUCRACY on about everything.

With the exception of specialized teams which have more in depth firearms, tactics and mission training I happen to agree with the one handgun myself, when you have to train dozens, to hundreds to thousands of folks just teaching one handgun system is grueling enough.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    This was touched on earlier but, Most departments (especially Federal) will never allow the use of personal firearms as far as in a primary role any more. The reasons are several, such as manual of arms (you can pick up another incapacitated partners gun and know how it works if yours goes down, use their mags if they are incapacitated etc etc etc. Remember most are not gun folks so those will only know what they qualify on) then there is the whole department legal deal where they want everyone using standardized ammo and most Federal LE qualify and practice on the same JHP load that they use for duty, also parts and armorer support so the firearms are always within whatever departmental specs they require and as mentioned most are not gun guys or girls that way the guns will work when they need them to. Also remember most Federal LE go TDY nationwide several times a year for investigations etc etc etc.

There is a whole laundry list of other reasons.Agree with it or not just remember in most agencies FBI = Federal BUREAU of Investigation, BOP= BUREAU of Prisons BLM= BUREAU of Land Management etc etc etc and BUREAU is short for BUREAUCRACY on about everything.

With the exception of specialized teams which have more in depth firearms, tactics and mission training I happen to agree with the one handgun myself, when you have to train dozens, to hundreds to thousands of folks just teaching one handgun system is grueling enough.

Damn bro, you a G-man or did you stay at a Holiday Inn express last night? Not in purple, just in awe of your info.

Top Bottom