• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Was discussing flashlights with INGOer member Relatively Ninja about 2 weeks ago and the topic of another Southern Indiana Meet and Greet was brought up. Both of us thought that Nashville, IN might be a good venue for the next get together. RN mentioned a couple places to eat in town, one of which I happened to know a couple of the owners. A couple phone calls and a text later..........

Where: Big Woods Pizza Company
    Time: 8 pm
    Dates: TBD (Vote or voice opinions below)

Saturday Feb. 11th
    Or
    Saturday Feb. 18th

The staff at Big Woods said they would be happy to host INGO. You can check them out at www.bigwoodsbeer.com. Big Woods is a small, privately owned micro brewery. There are actually two Big Woods, a Pub and the Pizza Co. The pub will not be large enough for our group so we will meet at the Pizza Company. The restaurant closes at 9PM but they would be willing to keep staff on hand after hours to host our group. The pub is open till later. Good thing is that if we go later in the evening we can pretty much have a private venue. Even though we will meet in the Pizza Co we should have no problems getting appetizers and such out of the pub. (The pulled pork nachos are fantastic!) Also Tim, the brewer, offered private tours of the brewery to INGO members.

I am really excited about starting this tread. Tim is actually a member on this board but has never posted. I look forward to bringing aboard another active member. Also, I love Big Woods food and beverage and hope to share with everyone.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm down. I'll bring lovemywoods. And maybe Kr_Treefrog2. My date preference would be 10th/11th.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I can't commit to anything (story of my life!!), but when something's nailed down, there's a decent chance we (or at least I) can make it!

-J-

tsob42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Nashville, IN
    Greetings everyone,

I am one of the owners of Big Woods and friend of VERT. We would indeed love to have you all.

I want to thank VERT for considering our business as a venue for a meet and greet and also thank him for giving me that extra nudge to make my first post.

Thanks, and I look forward to becoming a more active member of this community.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    yea it all depends on date for me, but i would enjoy making the trip. ive never been to an ingo function or meet an ingo member other than one transaction i made

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Myself and the Mrs. will be there. We live so close the engine in our evil black SUV won't even have a chance to warm up. Love the Six Foot Blonde!

Last time we were there Larry Bird was there...I still haven't figured out how he knew I was going to be there.

Date: The sooner the better.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I might be able to convince the Mrs. that a trip to Nashville is in order. However, I do have to say that the 17-18 would be out for us. I'm previously committed.

Big Woods is a good choice. And no one batted an eye when I OC'd during tourist season last fall.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would prefer a date sooner rather than later, but that's just because I'm impatient.

No disagreement there! But looking at the Calender Feb. 10th is only 3 weeks away. It takes that long to check the schedules and find babysitters for the kids. Besides my wife has to work Feb 3 & 4. Selfish I know.

I am thinking that Saturday might work better. I see a response that Friday might not work for some. It will be impossible to accomidate all schedules I know but I could see where Saturday would be easier for more people. March looks to be out.

I will edit the first post on dates.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    You know myself and the Mrs are up for it Vert. Only thing if it's a Saturday, Mrs GGF can't make it because she works evenings on Saturday. If it's Friday, we're both in. Not sure if I would be allowed out for an INGO evening unsupervised.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You know myself and the Mrs are up for it Vert. Only thing if it's a Saturday, Mrs GGF can't make it because she works evenings on Saturday. If it's Friday, we're both in. Not sure if I would be allowed out for an INGO evening unsupervised.

It would be you that has to mess things up! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom