• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    For all you dad's out there. There is a new someone in my 19 year old daughters life. Automatically I hate him,:xmad: but even more so for other reasons. He carries a Glock 23 down his pants like a thug:noway:, which I informed him is NOT allowed in my house or accompanying my daughter anywhere. Of course I am the bad guy in the situation now. But I don't really care. He also recently picked up an underage DUI which resulted in a license suspension. I know the application asks if you have had any DUI's prior to applying, but does conviction void your Larry?

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What makes this a "felony DUI"? If it actually is a felony, then your answer should be obvious.

As for the more likely "non-felony DUI", the definition for a "proper person" excludes an "alcohol abuser". An "alcohol abuser" is defined by the IC as
    "Alcohol abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more alcohol related offenses, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. - See more at: Ind. Code § 35-47-1-2 : Indiana Code - Section 35-47-1-2: "Alcohol abuser"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The legal aspects have been covered above.

I post this because I think the more important issue is who your daughter is seeing. This video is from a faith-based perspective, but there is no reason why the principles of spending time with the man your daughter is dating and trying to hep him mature in a positive way can not apply regardless of anyone's personal belief system. I would not want to set myself up in an adversarial position to the young man because push your daughter to choose who to be loyal to, and you may not like the results.

Anyhoo, take it of leave it, it's a perspective.

[video=youtube;4etUDpdQ560]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4etUDpdQ560[/video]

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    After some further investigation from a unnamed source, it seems Mr. Douche has been deprived of his freedom 7 times since he turned 18 2 years ago. Not sure if I can say more without someone wondering where I got my info. None I think have been felonies. I think it is time for him to find another girl to date. Thanks for the IC codes all.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Dayum. Anyway, for a DUI to be a felony, they must have a prior conviction for same within the past 5 years, have minors in the car at the time or kill somebody. Also, mycase.in.gov is a wonderful tool for looking up a person'e criminal history in Indiana.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    After some further investigation from a unnamed source, it seems Mr. Douche has been deprived of his freedom 7 times since he turned 18 2 years ago. Not sure if I can say more without someone wondering where I got my info. None I think have been felonies. I think it is time for him to find another girl to date. Thanks for the IC codes all.

There are a lot of single guys out there - surely she can find one better than that?? Perhaps she would understand what kind of idiot she is dating if you explain to her what usually happens to guys who stick unholstered guns down their pants.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yeah, with the unholstered gun in his pants the problem might take care of itself in time. Kidding aside, I don't think I would wait for the odds to catch up with him.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, with the unholstered gun in his pants the problem might take care of itself in time. Kidding aside, I don't think I would wait for the odds to catch up with him.

That was my thought. Encourage him to adjust himself more. Maybe give him a Sig or CZ decocker model with a nice competition trigger, and tell him he's not a real man if he carries in DA. You could help the process along is my point.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

dont have to be felonies!...some misdemeanors too!!!!!!

the wording on the 4473

11.c says felony "or any other crime" for which the judge "could" have imprisoned you for more than a year "even if you recieved a shorter sentance including probation"

11.h says are you subject to a restraining order?

11.i says have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

those are on the 4473, all of them are pertaining to buying a gun, and if you can't buy it, you cant own it, and if you cant own it you cant carry it!(yes i know, he cant buy a handgun from a gunshop! but you know what i mean!)

id have the "friend/person/little bird" who gave you the info, look up those and even if "mr fine upstanding citizen" even has his "larry" if not, your daughter could get in trouble too! ie if its under her seat, and she gets pulled over all he has to say is "it aint mine"

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wow, sure picked a winner didn't she? If it's a felony DUI and he's convicted they'll come take all his guns. Don't worry, gun control laws will fix this :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was going to make a comment like HoughMade - maybe spend some time at the range with him, go holster shopper, you know, be a mentor.

Then I got to the post about about all the convictions...

Well, you will now have to do a LOT of mentoring, perhaps on weekend visitations.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Perhaps also talk to your daughter about how his problems can affect her? If Mr. D-bag has your daughter pick him up, and decides that his weed found in her car isn't his...

There are lots of possible scenarios, but you certainly get the gist.

Top Bottom