• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Thanks all. Him and I are going to have a long conversation. I can't force my way into the relationship or like others have said it will backfire in my face. He does carry a LTCH with him. Whether it is valid or not is another story I can't really check on. We'll discuss the importance of him not getting my daughter in trouble for his well being. Then we'll discuss firearm safety and see if he is willing to give a IWB holster a try to carry responsibly and safely. If not he won't be carrying on my property or in my vehicle or around my daughter. This is fine line to try and walk when "love" is involved. I'll post some updates as the events unfold.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Thanks all. Him and I are going to have a long conversation. I can't force my way into the relationship or like others have said it will backfire in my face. He does carry a LTCH with him. Whether it is valid or not is another story I can't really check on. We'll discuss the importance of him not getting my daughter in trouble for his well being. Then we'll discuss firearm safety and see if he is willing to give a IWB holster a try to carry responsibly and safely. If not he won't be carrying on my property or in my vehicle or around my daughter. This is fine line to try and walk when "love" is involved. I'll post some updates as the events unfold.

Sounds like you're on the right track.

Daughters......yeesh.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Good luck dad have you payed your yearly dues to D.A.D.D. Dads Against Daughters Dating if not u better re up

Yeah. This. I hear your dues cover an insurance policy for "accidental" chootins involving a potential suitor.:whistle:

No cash payout, just 3 fellow dads show up wearing hear no, speak no, see no evil t-shirts carrying shovels and a map to a body farm.:laugh:

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    She's 19... She's a adult can't always be there to stop stupid decisions. Sometimes they gotta learn.

Have adult children, will help guide them thru life till I die, have had creeps like this sniff around the family before, wont incriminate myself here about how to take care of it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If dad knows he carries idiot style, and his daughter is hanging out with him, buy him a holster. Seriously.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I know the application asks if you have had any DUI's prior to applying, but does conviction void your Larry? I have a couple ways on checking his status of his LTCH. Friendly LEO's that count my daughter as one of their own children.

Why, in your experience, is it a good thing to post the above on the open internet?!

You do know that that is illegal? Next time, I'd keep your mouth shut about your LE friends and just ask the pertinent questions.

But for the record, I hate the kid too, and I don't know any of you. Sounds like a real winner.

-Nate

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    probably doesn't matter who your source is, it's all public record.
    I've always wondered how they handle "proper person" applications, I know people who have had 3 or more DUI's and I believe the third is a felony , they still have their license to carry, I also knew of a co-worker who had a LTCH and was arrested for possession , he plead guilty and paid a fine and walked, he never lost his LTCH, but he did loose his job, after the boss learned he was arrested for possession he decided to give the guy a random drug test and he flunked, so he is now unemployed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like an opportunity to get daughter licenced/trained/carrying so she can set the example. The added knowledge might open her eyes to start the move away from the bad boy?

Last edited:

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    tbhausen I am not happy at all about it, but she is 19 and I have learned that in life and "love" Dad is only going to be the bad guy in this situation and I have to work this from a calmer angle to get what Dad wants in the end.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Where does this 19 year old live? The answer to that decides what dad can and cannot do. My house, my rules. Don't like the rules? Find your own place and make your own rules.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Where does this 19 year old live? The answer to that decides what dad can and cannot do. My house, my rules. Don't like the rules? Find your own place and make your own rules.

She lives at home with us and is going to Purdue full time. Just home on summer break. This problem will solve itself soon enough in 22 days when she goes back to school and he isn't anywhere near her.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    He and I are having a "safety" meeting this evening. Not sure what to recommend for IWB Glock 23 since he wears mostly gym shorts and such with no belt. Sometime cargo shorts, but sans belt.

Top Bottom