• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    We all know lots of these are crap. On the other hand, once in awhile you find a shooter. Even then they aren't much, but they're better than nothing. I traded for one years ago, and it was fairly reliable. Recently I saw it's twin in a lgs, and picked it up for 80 simoleans. Jammomatic. A single shot pistol. Traded it (with full disclosure ) for a 1934 monitor top refrigerator. I think I came out pretty good on the deal. Fun of it was watching the Jammomatic float around various Facebook groups for the next few months.

The fact that the anti gunners hate these things so much is significant. They truly don't think poor people have a right to self defense. As much flowery language and false statistics as they want to use, this truth shouts itself from the mountaintops when you confront them with it.

Last edited:

zbiddle91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    SULLIVAN
    i bought it of my brother who bought it.new still had the box child lock both mags and 50 rounds with it. its had over 500 rounds threw it an not 1 jam.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I worked in 2 gun shops over the years. We would not take in trade any of the cheap (ring of fire) guns, because if you sold one, they always came back as not working proper. I personally would buy one for $20.00 but neither shop would buy them, period (at any price).

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have to laugh, cause I have bought a few of the "Cheap" guns on a whim. One is a Jennings 22 LR. I picked it up at the Tipton GS several years ago. My youngest son and I were walking down the aisle, I passed a dealer with a stack of boxes of the Jennings (new) with a sign $60 /ea. I said as I passed "I'll give you $50", thinking he would laugh. This was when you could buy immediately with your pink slip without a Background check. He answered "Whoa", you just bought it, and asked for my pink.

It came with 2 magazines, a couple of guys said "that gun probably won't shoot most ammo and usually only half the magazines work well". So I picked up several boxes of various 22LR at the show ranging from CCI stingers, Super X, Remington, to Russian junk.

On the way home from the show, I stopped at my middle sons country home. We set up a target at about 50' and started shooting. The Jennings was amazingly accurate considering the very short sight radius, and did not fail in about 100 rounds, using both mags mixed with all sorts of ammo.

I also have a couple of cobra derringers. Can't say they are accurate (at least in my hands), but both the 22 Mag and the 38 special both function perfectly ~ although I have shot less than 100 rounds out of each. Also have a Davis .380, again it has never failed to function properly and is pretty accurate for the style of firearm it is.

No, I don't use these for my EDC. I have a Colt Double Eagle in 45ACP I carried for years, now carrying a Kimber Solo in 9mm +P Critical Duty, but in truth I doubt I would be any less safe with those (other than the weak caliber) than the guns I carry which cost 10 to 20 times as much.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    finally got me a 9mm jiminez for wait for it 20 bucks. ill get some pics of it tonight shoots good.

No need for pictures, most of us know what this gun looks like. For $20 it might be an investment piece...you can re-sell it for $45 to somebody you don't like.

Do not shoot 9mm+P or any other hot loads in this firearm as it will most likely come apart in your face. I wish you luck.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    While I wouldn't rely on a Jimenez as an EDC mainly due to real issues with reliability, these are interesting handguns. There are a number of videos on YouTube documenting the history of the companies called the "Ring of Fire". There are a host of these all in some way descended from Raven Arms. I personally have a Davis Industries P380 as well as a Davis Derringer. I especially like these guns because the anti-gunner absolutely froth at the mouth over these guns. But it shows just how hypocritical these people are. The Raven, Davis, Lorcin, Jimenez, etc. are very inexpensive firearms but for many people, this is all they can afford. Should only expensive firearms be permitted (as was tried) which therefore deprives those without means to defend themselves? This is like outlawing any automobile that costs less than $50,000 and saying you're doing the world a favor by getting all those poorly made and inherently less safe autos off the road.

Nice find!

I agree, we tend to get caught up in a elitist attitude. I personally do not own anything of the sort, but I'd rather my 21 year old daughter have something she can afford, than have nothing at all. Some people (especially those just starting out in life) can't afford a $750 Colt/Sig, etc.

Top Bottom