• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I got a GSG5 myself and its a boat load of fun to shoot, and real cheap to shoot. I got 4 mags for it and my GF burns up those bulk federal packs of .22's with it, lol

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Saweeeeeet! If you need a light or mount let me know. If ya want to go the range give me a yell. Im going to try to go tomorrow.

Id love to go but I got to wait to get paid again so I can get some more ammo, lol. But yea either get ahold of me or ill get ahold of you sometime and we will have to go some time.

7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    Welcome to your new obsession. I have a Daniel Defense upper and a S&W M&P Lower full of magpul goodies. Everytime i go to the gun shop i feel obligated to buy a box of ammo. i shoot way more than i buy, so its just a vicious cycle. Just got the new Nikon M223 point blank scope. i like it a lot.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's a tru-glow cheapie. Less than 75$. It's temporary til I get a scope. I may try it on my gsg5 when I get the scope. The red dot is pretty good. But has no magnification and I'm not sure about longevity after a lot of rounds. The sling is a cheap one too. It's a UTG I picked up from blackgunstuff.com at a gun show....less than 15$...works for my needs. Weight is not really an issue for me as it's mainly a target/recreational shooting/occasional varmint gun.

Thanks for the info!

Mine will pretty much be target/recreational as well, but still want to keep the weight down as it seems to be a pretty light rifle anyway, and I already have a really heavy bolt gun. I'm not interested in hanging much from it, but need a sling, want a red dot type optic, and likely a MagPul MOE handguard and grip, as well as of course Pmags, etc. However, my shopping list is a bit long and my wallet is a bit thin for now.

I'm interested in a decent red dot but not something that will break the bank until I have some experience with them. Eventually I plan on picking up a S&W M&P 15-22 and may move whatever start red dot I get over to that.

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Welcome to your new obsession. I have a Daniel Defense upper and a S&W M&P Lower full of magpul goodies. Everytime i go to the gun shop i feel obligated to buy a box of ammo. i shoot way more than i buy, so its just a vicious cycle. Just got the new Nikon M223 point blank scope. i like it a lot.

Yea I could see were that would be a problem:D. Im just going to start buying some every time I get paid. I found Silver Bear at a local shop here for 6.49 a box. Thats the cheapest I have found, and my rifle ate it like it was candy. So ill probably use that stuff for the price.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Dang I wish I had seent that sooner, Me an the GF took off on the 5th to go to the 1500. But if there is another one in the future we will deffinatly attend.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Congrats on the AR!:yesway: I've had my DPMS Oracle for about 2 months now. The rifles themselves must come with the BRD virus cause I know I have it.

So far I have replaced the handguard, grip, buttstock, BCG, charging handle, and added a set of flip up sights. Mounted up red dots on both uppers too. Also bought a TacSol .22 upper, which is sweet to shoot. Oh and Pmags, don't forget to buy LOT'S of Pmags.:D

Now I'm looking at the BCM and/or a Palmetto State Armory 14.5" upper.:n00b:

I only wish I had some place close, and someone else to shoot with. Closest places I have are all an hour away, and it gets boring shooting alone after awhile.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Congrats on the AR!:yesway: I've had my DPMS Oracle for about 2 months now. The rifles themselves must come with the BRD virus cause I know I have it.

So far I have replaced the handguard, grip, buttstock, BCG, charging handle, and added a set of flip up sights. Mounted up red dots on both uppers too. Also bought a TacSol .22 upper, which is sweet to shoot. Oh and Pmags, don't forget to buy LOT'S of Pmags.:D

Now I'm looking at the BCM and/or a Palmetto State Armory 14.5" upper.:n00b:

I only wish I had some place close, and someone else to shoot with. Closest places I have are all an hour away, and it gets boring shooting alone after awhile.

I know tha feeling I cant stay off the Ar sights that sell accesories either, lol

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I guess the consenses is I need to get mass quanities of PMAGS. Were is the cheapest place to get them?

Primary Arms sell them for $14.20 each with free shipping. Best deal I've found.:yesway:

Here's a few of the sites I've gone/go to. But DON'T go there if you have no self control.:D

Bravo Company
    Primary Arms
    Palmetto State Arms

As far as cleaning, I do everytime I get home. They say it isn't necessary, but I'm anal about my stuff.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Primary Arms sell them for $14.20 each with free shipping. Best deal I've found.:yesway:

Here's a few of the sites I've gone/go to. But DON'T go there if you have no self control.:D

Bravo Company
    Primary Arms
    Palmetto State Arms

As far as cleaning, I do everytime I get home. They say it isn't necessary, but I'm anal about my stuff.

Ill make sure I get on those sites before I get paid,lol.

Thanks Ill look into that stuff!

Top Bottom