• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Why not an O2 mask with nitrogen instead. One breath and your dead. Guess SC chose a good 2nd choice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why not an O2 mask with nitrogen instead. One breath and your dead. Guess SC chose a good 2nd choice.

Yes.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ammunition is still cheaper than anything else used. I'm sure government will figure out a way for firing squads to cost 10's of thousands of dollars.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hypoxia actually takes several minutes and the spectacle would be determined by the resistance of the condemned.

If they relax, it can be a relatively painless way to go. I used to work in the medgas business and have seen the effects. Nitrogen is effective and about as cheap as you can get.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Huh.

”South Carolina is one of four states that permit execution by firing squad, along with Mississippi, Oklahoma and Utah.”

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Eh. If the state is going to kill people, it should look and sound like the state killing people, not like some quasi-medical procedure as if we're doing this for the inmate's own good.

Hanging, shooting, beheading, whatever. This is the state doing violence, so be honest about it being violence.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Public execution... Now that's a game-show that I can watch! Politicians anyone?

I remember the last "Death by firing squad" execution. I was fairly young but his name was Gary Gilmore. Took a pellet to the "credit card" and it was lights out.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'be always advocated giving thugs a chance.

Firing squads do not do that.

It would be better to give the thug a run down a 100yd x 50yd high fenced corridor with a door at the end.

Folks wanting dynamic target practice could pay a small fee to post up along the way with their own firearms.

Release the target and give it a chance to make a run for it. If it makes it out the door within five minutes, let it go.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What requirements are involved in that process?
    Appeals, lots of appeals. They take a long time and are very expensive. Lots of man hours involved to insure that the person about to be executed is the one who actually committed the crime. Even after all that, 100% innocent people have been executed. I'm really torn as an LEO. However, seeing how messed up our criminal justice system is, I don't trust it to always kill the guilty and that gives me significant pause. Seeing how many people spent decades in prison for crimes they had nothing to do with is scary if you consider that likely correlates to death row.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Appeals, lots of appeals. They take a long time and are very expensive. Lots of man hours involved on the premise that the person about to be executed is the one who actually committed the crime. Even after all that, 100% innocent people have been executed. I'm really torn as an LEO. However, seeing how messed up our criminal justice system is, I don't trust it to always kill the guilty and that gives me significant pause. Seeing how many people spent decades in prison for crimes they had nothing to do with is scary if you consider that likely correlates to death row.
    How many of those incarcerated and innocent correlates to lazy/corrupt/inept prosecutors. I can see this as a serious problem.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom